Using my MacBook Pro to make themes for my Tour. Running Windows XP through VMware...

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the simulator to work properly. Java is installed, everything with Plasmic works, but:

If I want to see how the theme will run, the simulator just won't display my file. I have to export the theme, load up my DM, load the application, the phone has to reboot (8 minutes!!!!) Etc etc....

The theme is like 99% there...and every change I make to finalize this theme it's such a pain! Anyone else in the same boat?

Also, ThemeBuilder is kind of crummy in terms of customization for menus. I made colored menus, and "on click" still shows up stock blue (unless I am missing something? All my menu buttons are red, its the just the clicking that screws it up...) and it's not possible to change the incoming call background for the Tour ... Lots of nonsense with it if you ask me.

But I digress, anyone successfully get the simulator to work? If so how? I'm almost there but if I have to reboot my phone one more time today I am going postal!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 12:01 AM
    I just feel like the Theme Builder program should be a smidge more intuitive. It seems extremely dated and archaic.

I wish I could just go into RIM's headquarters and violently shake someone there...explain to them that they have a good product but their dev tools and their OS are stone age...ha

10-10-09 12:07 AM
    Vmware fusion with vista running great here. Maybe its an xp problem?

10-11-09 10:55 PM
    I can only get the simulator to load the default theme...but it refuses to load anything I make.

Really frustrating :/

Really don't want Vista...maybe I should install win 2000? I have xp and 2000...I can't imagine wanting vista knowing how terrible a time my friends have with it...

10-12-09 01:01 AM
    I use Parallels on my Mac pro and have no problems... You've tried going to file> load java program?
    10-12-09 08:30 PM
    Yeah, and I try loading the cod file and it just freezes. How long should it take to load?

What java prog did you download from Sun's website? The whole sun website naming system is a hot mess. Bb.com says make sure to have 1.4 or higher (or whatever) and there is no such thing, there's java 5 or 6...

I'm not a windows person

Oy.

10-12-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD