Question for ya'll.. I created an SVG so I could import an animated GIF to use as my home screen. It worked, but the SVG apparently disregarded my settings for the time to show each frame and it just runs at full steam ahead.

Is there any way to get it to work (see the timings), or is that not something that's do-able?
    11-30-09 02:09 PM
    PS, I can slow it down by setting the FPS lower but that doesn't really work as a solution since my animation needs to be set at like 350/13/13/13/350/13/13 (time per frame) not fixed for all.
    11-30-09 03:33 PM
    I use Photoscape (PhotoScape - Reviews and free PhotoScape downloads at Download.com) to make or edit my gif files before making SVG with Plazmic Composer.

In Composer you have to check mark REAL TIME and set the FRAMES to the total of actual frames and the FPS you make what you want for how fast the transition. Most of mine are 13-15 frames total with REAL TIME checked and set the FPS to 2-5 and of course still have to edit the SVG file with notpad to say infinite loop.

Let me know if this helps or if this is a new approach for you then let me know if you need more info cause this is the best way to make the SVG file that I know of and it works everytime with no issues on my Bold.
    11-30-09 09:10 PM
    I use Photoscape (PhotoScape - Reviews and free PhotoScape downloads at Download.com) to make or edit my gif files before making SVG with Plazmic Composer.

In Composer you have to check mark REAL TIME and set the FRAMES to the total of actual frames and the FPS you make what you want for how fast the transition. Most of mine are 13-15 frames total with REAL TIME checked and set the FPS to 2-5 and of course still have to edit the SVG file with notpad to say infinite loop.

Let me know if this helps or if this is a new approach for you then let me know if you need more info cause this is the best way to make the SVG file that I know of and it works everytime with no issues on my Bold.

Thanks for the reply. Alas, that doesn't really work for me because in my animation the frames display something like this:

Frame 0: Display for 1 second
    Frame 1: Display for 50 milliseconds
    Frame 2: Display for 50 milliseconds
    Frame 3: Display for 50 milliseconds
    Frame 4: Display for 50 milliseconds
    Frame 5: Display for 3 seconds
    Frame 6: Display for 50 milliseconds
    Frame 7: Display for 50 milliseconds
    Frame 8: Display for 50 milliseconds
    Frame 9: Display for 50 milliseconds

So I'm assuming if I tick "realtime" then enter a FPS it will lock to that FPS overall and ignore the .GIFs special timings. I did, actually, find a solution as a workaround. I simply flood the GIF with a crapload of identical frames for the sections where I need a pause then set the timings to be correct for the rest of the frames. Makes for a large image but works so far.
    12-04-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD