04-17-09 01:28 PM
37 12
tools
    Does anyone have the Alltel wallpaper? The one that comes with their 8330? Online it looks like a blue background with the alltel A. If anyone has this or a link to it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    07-08-08 08:39 PM
    Does anyone have the Alltel wallpaper? The one that comes with their 8330? Online it looks like a blue background with the alltel A. If anyone has this or a link to it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    my brother actually just got his today, for the 8310, I know exactly what you're talking about, but if you wait till tomorrow, if nobody gets it to you by tomorrow, I can get it for you from his phone
    07-08-08 08:59 PM
    That would be awesome. Thank you!
    07-08-08 09:03 PM
    That would be awesome. Thank you!
    np , if you wanna add my pin, and remind me tomorrow that would be helpful lol
    07-08-08 09:05 PM
    sounds good What is your pin?
    07-08-08 09:10 PM
    sounds good What is your pin?
    Mine is: 24731366
    07-08-08 09:23 PM
    I'm looking for this too. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    07-09-08 06:39 PM
    I'm looking for this too. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    we tried today... for some reason we can't find it in my bros pics
    07-09-08 11:32 PM
    we tried today... for some reason we can't find it in my bros pics
    I was confused as to why you thought your brother's phone would have it in the first place. The Alltel background would only come on an Alltel Branded 8330. The 8310 is a GSM phone and would not be sold by Alltel, which is why the wallpaper is not on that device.
    07-10-08 09:37 AM
    i would re-download all of the software, and save it to a different location for your an AT&T/Cingular and you don't want to get things mixed up from your normal,,, open this new folder go to the Java folder and pull out the paper you want, and add it to your files,,, Re-Run Desktop Messanger,,,

Cant say this will work for sure, but it could be worth a shot,,,
    07-10-08 11:20 AM
    I was confused as to why you thought your brother's phone would have it in the first place. The Alltel background would only come on an Alltel Branded 8330. The 8310 is a GSM phone and would not be sold by Alltel, which is why the wallpaper is not on that device.
    yea sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you or anybody else... he does have the 8330, I have the 8310... I looked on his cell to try and find the picture of the backround, but I couldn't find it... which is strange
    07-10-08 11:28 AM
    christopherri,,, oops,,, forgot the link to download BB software for Alltel,,, https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...03923A1C591DB4
    07-10-08 11:33 AM
    yea sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you or anybody else... he does have the 8330, I have the 8310... I looked on his cell to try and find the picture of the backround, but I couldn't find it... which is strange
    I think it is embedded in the software, not in a media gallery; same as the BB Dimension Theme default wallpapers.

Not sure how to find it in there, but maybe someone who is good with the BB software can do some exploring.
    07-10-08 11:53 AM
    Thanks Mr. Happy and shooptek. That's what I was thinking, too after RConcheiro looked in his brother's 8330. I guess it doesn't show up as a pic, but rather in the Dimension theme of the software.

I guess the big question I have is how to extract that wallpaper and get it into my OS safely without blowing anything up. I'v edited the alx files, etc before when cleaning memory, deleting PTT, and updating OS but I don't think I'm comfortable playing around with this too much.

Anyone have any ideas?
    07-10-08 12:06 PM

Thanks!
    You mean this background?
    www dot alltel dot com/wps/wcm/connect/584bae00470b4791b071f6cecf7dc1b6/blackberry8830.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=584bae00470 b4791b071f6cecf7dc1b6

Looks like a Alltel's vendor theme default background. The thing is we never hear Alltel has its own exclusive theme. BUT I DO HAVE A TOOL THAT CAN EXTRACT VENDOR THEMES' BACKGROUND PICTURES INTO JPEG FORMAT FILES.
    07-11-08 11:31 PM
    That's the one! But I don't think they have a default vendor theme. It looks like they just embed their own wallpaper into the default dimension themes. Is there any way that your tool can work with that? I would be very appreciative
    07-12-08 09:28 AM
    Or even this one. The one for the curve is even better.
    07-12-08 09:49 AM
    yea, thats the one my brother has... if you figure a way that we can get it to you, I'd be more than happy to try it... it is his phone
    07-12-08 10:06 AM
    Chris I do agree with you that Curve's wallpaper looks even better.

yea, thats the one my brother has... if you figure a way that we can get it to you, I'd be more than happy to try it... it is his phone
    RConcheiro As you said so, here are some questions and suggestions I need to tell you guys to verify our situation:

1. From the outside. RConcheiro, if it is possible I suggest your brother to write an email to Alltel's support team. Ask them what this background property is. I mean, to make sure if it is an hide out picture embedded in or a JAVA .COD moudle related to Alltel customers' Dimension theme .COD file. (some what like Telefornica's vendor theme, though it's a vendor them, yet contains only a small size with approximately 87kb, maybe it's the size of Telefornica's background.)

2. From the inside. RConcheiro please tell me your brother's Curve's OS version. Is it an ordinary 4.2.X regular OS or 4.5 BETA? then go check out the Curve's Media Center, select "Explore", then take a look at its default picture archives located in "Device Memory/samplers/pictures/". please check out if there is any hide picture.

3. If there isn't any, please take the 3rd step. check your brother's Curve's Dimension theme's related .COD file, if there is any.

I know it's sordid, but I have to confirm the info first to take further action. Yes as I said I do have a tool to extract stuff into what we want. My recent work is using AT&T's vendor theme picture as T-Mobile theme's background. Sorry I can't capture the screenshot right now. maybe later.

PS, RConcheiro maybe ask your brother to write an email to Alltel says he can't let the Alltel picture show off then go ask the support team to give us a jpeg picture file right away should be a better go?
    07-13-08 04:30 PM
    Thanks Updater.

What I tried yesterday was wiping my Curve. Then I deleted my OS software from my computer and re-downloaded it. THen I erased the at&t dimension theme COD files from the Java folder.

I then copied and pasted those same them CODs from the alltel software java folder into my Curve Java folder. My hope was that it would load the alltel version of the theme and the background would be there.

No such luck. Still the picture with the road and the clouds.
    07-13-08 04:48 PM
    wait up, now i'm giveing you guys just a tiny piece of gift before the grand success...
    all vendor themes' backgrounds plus stargazer and the bloody surreal.
    07-13-08 05:25 PM
    btw,Chris any BB cod file contains picture, even if it's not a theme, as long as you have it ,i maybe have solution on that.
    07-13-08 05:27 PM
    as long as i know, themes contain both gif and png files, right now i'm just able to extract the png one.
    07-13-08 05:29 PM
    Thanks Updater.

What I tried yesterday was wiping my Curve. Then I deleted my OS software from my computer and re-downloaded it. THen I erased the at&t dimension theme COD files from the Java folder.

I then copied and pasted those same them CODs from the alltel software java folder into my Curve Java folder. My hope was that it would load the alltel version of the theme and the background would be there.

No such luck. Still the picture with the road and the clouds.
    so it's really strange hah? By the way the Curve background is really nice. At first I thought it was some sort of O2 new theme.
    07-13-08 05:31 PM
    wait up, just a tiny piece of gift before the grand success...
    all vendor themes' backgrounds plus stargazer and the bloody surreal.

07-13-08 05:35 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD