Hi!! I have Photoshop CS4. I would like to color the stock icons (contacts, messages, browser etc..) to match my background. I tried using the paint bucket tool but its not coming out right. Is there another way to color the icons with photoshop? Thanks!
    01-13-10 05:30 PM
    Try this, go to: Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation (make sure the colorize & preview boxes are checkmarked) then use the sliders to adjust the color. If you want colors to be consistent for all of your icons, write down the final values you used.
    01-14-10 10:47 AM
    Try this, go to: Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation (make sure the colorize & preview boxes are checkmarked) then use the sliders to adjust the color. If you want colors to be consistent for all of your icons, write down the final values you used.
    Oh cool!! Thats great! How about if I want to color just a certain part of the icon, for example the arrow on the activation icon, which tool can I use? Thanks!
    01-14-10 11:15 AM
    Image>Adjustments>Replace Color. Make sure "Selection" and "Preview" is checked then click the image on the color you want to change (the blue arrow in this case). The "Color:" box at the top of the window should now display the color you want to change. Next, under "Replacement", either adjust the sliders or click the "Result" color box to choose the new color you want to use. Tip: There may be some pixels around the edges that the eye dropper missed. To expand your selection slightly, adjust the "Fuzziness:" slider to select any stray pixels.
    Last edited by gregschraw; 01-14-10 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Afterthought
    01-14-10 11:56 AM
    Image>Adjustments>Replace Color. Make sure "Selection" and "Preview" is checked then click the image on the color you want to change (the blue arrow in this case). The "Color:" box at the top of the window should now display the color you want to change. Next, under "Replacement", either adjust the sliders or click the "Result" color box to choose the new color you want to use. Tip: There may be some pixels around the edges that the eye dropper missed. To expand your selection slightly, adjust the "Fuzziness:" slider to select any stray pixels.
    OMGGG!! Thats awesome! Exactly what I needed. Thank you soooo much!
    01-14-10 08:14 PM
    Hi!! I have Photoshop CS4. I would like to color the stock icons (contacts, messages, browser etc..) to match my background. I tried using the paint bucket tool but its not coming out right. Is there another way to color the icons with photoshop? Thanks!
    Hey are u able to share your theme/icon colors?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD