I recently installed the blackberry 9000 zen theme on my 8830 WD, it works well but seems to have a few glitches. I bought it from this website and when I make or receive a call the background changes to white and the zen wallpaper no longer shows. Also some words are getting cut off in certain apps. for instance when I go to profiles, advanced... all of the profiles (vibrate, loud ect) are cut off on the bottom of the words. Was there an installation problem or is it just the theme messing up?
    thanks
    04-17-08 01:56 AM
    Bad theme design most likely. Pull the battery and see if it behaves the same way after that. A lot of theme designers don't take the time to properly space and clean up their work in themes. It makes the themes seem like rush-jobs. Considering this theme code was hacked to get the bottom dock to work, who knows what else could be wacky with it. Hope you get it resolved.
    04-17-08 09:35 AM
    What I'm going to do is forward this to Kevin so he can contact John and let him know the issue of what is going on. I haven't installed it yet on my WE. Let us know if that battery pull worked!
    04-17-08 09:37 AM
    Hey Guys,

I sent this thread onto the theme developer. John should reply back soon.

Definitely try uninstalling, pull battery, double check that you downloaded the right version of the theme for your device (not sure what kind of bugs would happen if you installed the theme for the pearl onto an 8830 for example - so make sure you're getting the one for your device) and from there reinstall, pull battery, then activate as theme.

It's a very popular theme and I haven't heard any issues like this before with it, so not exactly sure here.

Also - per what JR said..there are two kinds of Zen themes..the standard (left side) Zen, and then the bottom zen. you never specified which you're running. also, what OS version are you on?? Probably need that to help John on the trouble shooting.
    04-17-08 10:20 AM
    Hello, I would like to let everyone know that this theme was thought out and well planned when designed. It went thru 2 revisions from people reporting back to me with small bugs, and most versions are now on 1.11 . What you described isn't normal at all for the way this theme and the Inspired 9000 Series Themes to behave and I am sure many can vouch for authenticity of this statement, as we sold tons of these in a short period of time.

From reading your post, yes a battery pull for 30 seconds would be my first recommendation as anytime you install any new software on any Blackberry, it is recommended to do a hard reboot. Other cause could be memory errors, other apps installed, and etc. I will need more information from you to help you on this issue. Please report back and let us know if the battery pull worked.

Cheers,

John
    JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com
    04-17-08 11:35 AM
    Hello, I would like to let everyone know that this theme was thought out and well planned when designed. It went thru 2 revisions from people reporting back to me with small bugs, and most versions are now on 1.11 . What you described isn't normal at all for the way this theme and the Inspired 9000 Series Themes to behave and I am sure many can vouch for authenticity of this statement, as we sold tons of these in a short period of time.

From reading your post, yes a battery pull for 30 seconds would be my first recommendation as anytime you install any new software on any Blackberry, it is recommended to do a hard reboot. Other cause could be memory errors, other apps installed, and etc. I will need more information from you to help you on this issue. Please report back and let us know if the battery pull worked.

Cheers,

John
    JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com
    The battery pull helped the cut off word problem in the profiles, I also changed the font type and size to seven so it would match the font of the theme a little better, so that could have been the word problem in profiles. I am running on 4.2.2 for the 8830. I installed the right theme for my phone it was the same OS and model of BB (it was the blackberry 8830 4.2.2 left zen theme). Even after the battery pull the date on the top of the message list is still a little cut off and the back ground is still white when I make a call. I'm thinking that when I make an outgoing call the background turns to white just like it is in the message list, I think this because when I receive a call the wallpaper is the zen background and it looks just like the wallpaper on the home screen except with the word "inspired" on the bottom right corner.
    04-18-08 03:32 AM
    I'm thinking that when I make an outgoing call the background turns to white just like it is in the message list, I think this because when I receive a call the wallpaper is the zen background and it looks just like the wallpaper on the home screen except with the word "inspired" on the bottom right corner.

Yeah when you make a call its a list.. so you are not suppose to have a background wallpaper on that screen, I think you might be abit confuse.
    04-18-08 02:16 PM
    Missing one icon on the screen.. but im using 4.5.0.18
    its on first screen where theres like 6 icons in one row..
    04-26-08 01:38 PM
    Probably missing BBM icon if using 4.5. Since 4.5 isn't released yet there's no real guaranteed support for it. You may want to try the Abuser 2 version - that gets rid of the BBM icon that's likely the one messing up. Be sure to try a battery pull first.

If you ever need refunds or stuff, contact software customer support:

BlackBerry Software Support - Crackberry Store
    04-26-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD