08-09-09 08:31 AM
149 12345 ...
tools
    Thanks I really appreciate the free themes.
    05-15-08 10:03 AM
    Thanks for the themes. One thing I've noticed is that the Messages page looks really different from the rest of the theme. The selection is blue (instead of grey like the rest of the theme) and some text gets cut off... looks like it needs extra line height or something
    05-15-08 12:00 PM
    Slightly off topic, but I love the font thats used in menus and lists in the Precision theme. I was wondering which font this is as I would really like it to be my Email/SMS/BBMessenger font. Any tips?
    05-15-08 02:41 PM
    Am i completely lost? Nowhere on the directed link is there an option to download. And when I enter the link into my berry, nothing, site is down or overloaded.

haha nvmd got it! thanks
    Last edited by irockstar661; 05-15-08 at 03:33 PM.
    05-15-08 03:31 PM
    I'm pretty sure at least 10 people have said this in this thread, but no one has responded...does anyone know why the OTA won't work and if so, how to get it OTA? I would appreciate an answer!
    05-15-08 03:46 PM
    Thanks for the link.
    05-15-08 04:11 PM
    *************** UPDATE FOR PRECISION **************

Hi all, we've just released an updated version of Precision Zen 1.2
    The new update includes:
    - Mask removed
    - Message icons fixed
    - Black on black fonts changed
    - Blue blotch on the banner fixed
    - A few other small details fixed

If you'd like to see a new and updated version of the theme, please delete your current one and simply redownload it again from elecite.eveek.com or elecite.eveek.com/wap (for OTA)

Enjoy
    05-15-08 05:14 PM
    U have to make sure u enter elecite.eveek.com/wap into your mobile browser and NOT (www).elecite.eveek.com/wap

Its important that u do that
    05-15-08 05:18 PM
    i noticed a bug even w/ the precision 1.2 theme. in the facebook app, when you bring up the menu, you can only see the item that you have highlighted. the rest all just look white.
    05-15-08 10:34 PM
    Thanks xRollinx!

First bug I've seen in iBerry: When making a "new folder", placing icons in that folder will not show up...only way to access those icons is 'switch applications'....anyone else experiencing this?

update: works after I reboot the second time :-)
    Last edited by lambda28; 05-15-08 at 11:30 PM.
    05-15-08 11:21 PM
    Thanks!
    05-15-08 11:59 PM
    New Precision version still have font spacing and cutoff issues vertically in menus and in Email mailboxes. Get rid of that stupid white bar/line at the bottom of the screen!
    05-16-08 08:25 AM
    New Precision version still have font spacing and cutoff issues vertically in menus and in Email mailboxes. Get rid of that stupid white bar/line at the bottom of the screen!
    Same here, it didn't happen in the original version. Can we still get the 1st version somewhere. Please post!

Thanks.

Gary
    05-16-08 09:15 AM
    The first version had even more bugs in it. What the guys at eveek need to start doing is testing their stuff in depth prior to public release. I've offered numerous times to help them out in that respect, yet they don't take the offer and release sub-par themes. I appreciate the themes being free and I think no one has a major right to complain over free stuff, but even their "pay for" themes are lacking in attention to detail. They refuse to fix those as well. Free is good, but bug-free free would be even better. What's the incentive you ask (since it's free to users)... pride in yourself and eveek for providing quality stuff.

You think a restaurant will get good reviews if they give out nasty food, even if it's free?
    05-16-08 09:43 AM
    The first version had even more bugs in it. What the guys at eveek need to start doing is testing their stuff in depth prior to public release. I've offered numerous times to help them out in that respect, yet they don't take the offer and release sub-par themes. I appreciate the themes being free and I think no one has a major right to complain over free stuff, but even their "pay for" themes are lacking in attention to detail. They refuse to fix those as well. Free is good, but bug-free free would be even better. What's the incentive you ask (since it's free to users)... pride in yourself and eveek for providing quality stuff.

You think a restaurant will get good reviews if they give out nasty food, even if it's free?
    I don't disagree with you. The root of the problem is our OS 4.3 BB vs the 4.2 and 4.1. It seems that the newer OS displays fonts and colors somewhat differently in the message dislpays. I've found that changing the font size to 9 point will usually keep the fonts from falling outside the highlight bar, but I hate 9 pt fonts! The only themes that Ive found that are "perfect" are from creators who have an OS 4.3 devise and spend the time to check for those little annoying problems. All themes can be made to work, but some don't have the newer device for testing.
    05-16-08 11:05 AM
    *************** UPDATE FOR PRECISION **************

Hi all, we've just released an updated version of Precision Zen 1.2
    The new update includes:
    - Mask removed
    - Message icons fixed
    - Black on black fonts changed
    - Blue blotch on the banner fixed
    - A few other small details fixed

If you'd like to see a new and updated version of the theme, please delete your current one and simply redownload it again from elecite.eveek.com or elecite.eveek.com/wap (for OTA)

Enjoy
    In the future can you please make it so we can just upgrade our existing theme? It's really frustrating redoing all of my icons over again. I just did them for version 1 and then a few days later had to do them for version 1.2. It is possible to make it so that installing it will just upgrade the theme while retaining your old icon layout.
    05-16-08 12:07 PM
    In the future can you please make it so we can just upgrade our existing theme? It's really frustrating redoing all of my icons over again. I just did them for version 1 and then a few days later had to do them for version 1.2. It is possible to make it so that installing it will just upgrade the theme while retaining your old icon layout.
    That can't happen. It's just the way that it works. Sorry, you'll have to deal with the 1 minute it'll take to shift some icons around.
    05-16-08 03:37 PM
    I don't disagree with you. The root of the problem is our OS 4.3 BB vs the 4.2 and 4.1. It seems that the newer OS displays fonts and colors somewhat differently in the message dislpays. I've found that changing the font size to 9 point will usually keep the fonts from falling outside the highlight bar, but I hate 9 pt fonts! The only themes that Ive found that are "perfect" are from creators who have an OS 4.3 devise and spend the time to check for those little annoying problems. All themes can be made to work, but some don't have the newer device for testing.
    I disagree on the point of the 4.3 OS. When I checked the builds I did it on both 4.2.2 and 4.3.0, both had botched spacing on the fonts. The number one cause for this that I've seen in the past is when someone builds a theme for the Pearl and then upgrades its design to work with the 8300/8800 wide screens. The font spacing will be off by just a little bit because they don't calculate the right ratio for the vertial change from 260 down to 240 pixels. Trust me, it's possible to get it just right. Vendor themes are perfect in that respect and so are custom themes I've tested in the past from other designers... you just have to take the time to do it right. Some real world testing is needed as the emulators don't always behave as a real BB does.
    05-16-08 03:42 PM
    That can't happen. It's just the way that it works. Sorry, you'll have to deal with the 1 minute it'll take to shift some icons around.
    Why not? Anfrey's Zen theme was upgraded once or twice on my device - changes to graphics and stuff were made but everything else stayed where I put it.

If it was only one minute or I knew it wasn't impossible I wouldn't have asked Is there a specific reason why you can't do it?

Otherwise it's a great theme. Love it.
    05-16-08 11:49 PM
    ^^^ As long as the name doesn't change, the icon locations stay the same, but you can't build it to upgrade the previous version. It's always a good idea to uninstall the previous before installing the new. As long as the content store doesn't get erased then the preferences will remain for the theme.
    05-17-08 10:55 AM
    Love the Precision theme.

Haven't noticed any real bugs that have pissed me off... The line cut off in the messages doesn't really bother me, its still serves it purpose...which is to show there is more text to follow.

Hmm other then that it's great, I can't find any flaws.
    05-18-08 02:16 PM
    ^^^ As long as the name doesn't change, the icon locations stay the same, but you can't build it to upgrade the previous version. It's always a good idea to uninstall the previous before installing the new. As long as the content store doesn't get erased then the preferences will remain for the theme.
    I figured it had to do with the name. I did not uninstall the previous version before installing 1.2 so I actually had 2 copies of the same theme on my device and so you're right - it probably was the name.

I guess what I'm asking is can we just get the theme updates with the same name then?
    05-19-08 12:31 AM
    I did not uninstall the previous version before installing 1.2 so I actually had 2 copies of the same theme on my device
    That's what you did wrong. Because you didn't uninstall the previous version, the new install caused the BB to have to create a new theme profile save and that's why you had to rearrange your icons again. Next time, uninstall the theme and reboot when asked, then install the new one and you shouldn't have to move icons around.
    05-19-08 11:44 AM
    Very nice. The only default is having to use the computer to "unzip" the folder.
    05-19-08 12:07 PM
    Is there a reason why when you're in the PHONE section, the header remains that of the home screen (ie: I can see the top of my desktop image), while it doesn't in every other (messages, mesenger, etc,)? Does that make sense? haha
    05-19-08 04:34 PM
149 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD