08-09-09 08:31 AM
149 1234 ...
tools
    They're ok. The precision is a nice theme but kind of lame when you can't put your own wallpaper. This is a dealbreaker for me. However, I did get my current theme from this website, so kudos for pointing me in the right direction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can change the wallpaper on this theme. Why is everyone saying that they can't. It'll just only display during the Zen view and not during Full Icon view, just like the stock wallpaper. I don't think you guys realize that.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-13-08 at 08:20 AM.
    05-13-08 08:13 AM
    Decided to put this here since the other thread isn't getting much traffic. Please add to the list if needed so we can get Rollin to fix and make these the best themes available.

Bug report for Precision.

1) In the Phone log, the spacing is off which causes the text at the bottom of the list to get cut off a bit.

2) In the main Options list, there's also a bit of cutoff, but very very little... you can barely see it. There's also some cutoff at the bottom on a long list of contacts when you dial from home screen. Cutoff on the HelpMe! screen (i.e. ALT+SHIFT+H). And there's cutoff on the list of Themes now as well. I think your font spacing needs to be changed just a little.

3) Also, there's a font color/background color for spellchecker (i.e. it's the same color and hard to see suggested words unless you scroll over them).

4) No Missed Call indicator or Voicemail indicator icons on Zen Home screen.

5) Wallpaper issues, detailed as follows. With OS 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 when setting a wallpaper the wallpaper displays only when ALL icons are shown on the screen and on Zen the stock red wave wallpaper shows. With OS 4.3.x when setting the wallpaper the wallpaper displays during Zen view (replacing the stock red wave) but doesn't show when ALL icons are shown (black background shows, just like it does stock).

In regards to item 5, are you guys testing these themes on the emulators or on phones with Beta software? Because that's a big big bug not to catch right off the bat.

Bug report for iBerry.

1) When you bring up the SYM screen, it's cut off on the whole right hand side. Usual bug that happens when you mess with the box graphics for the SYM screen. (Can be fixed BTW.... StevenInSTL knows how.)

2) This theme also has text cutoff/clipping in the Options lists, Themes list, and Dial from Home Screen list. Very slight cutoff on the HelpMe! screen. It also has cutoff/clipping on Menus.. (i.e. Browser Menu, etc.)

Bug report for both Precision and iBerry.

1) When using ALT+NMLL to display db reading of radio strength instead of antenna bars, the db text cannot be read on either theme. Due most likely to the fact that the db text is black on a black background.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-13-08 at 09:19 PM.
    05-13-08 08:20 AM
    Decided to put this here since the other thread isn't getting much traffic. Please add to the list if needed so we can get Rollin to fix and make these the best themes available.

Bug report for Precision.

1) In the Phone log, the spacing is off which causes the text at the bottom of the list to get cut off a bit.

2) In the main Options list, there's also a bit of cutoff, but very very little... you can barely see it. There's also some cutoff at the bottom on a long list of contacts when you dial from home screen. Cutoff on the HelpMe! screen (i.e. ALT+SHIFT+H). And there's cutoff on the list of Themes now as well. I think your font spacing needs to be changed just a little.

3) Also, there's a font color/background color for spellchecker (i.e. it's the same color and hard to see suggested words unless you scroll over them).

4) No Missed Call indicator or Voicemail indicator icons on Zen Home screen.

Bug report for iBerry.

1) When you bring up the SYM screen, it's cut off on the whole right hand side. Usual bug that happens when you mess with the box graphics for the SYM screen. (Can be fixed BTW.... StevenInSTL knows how.)

2) This theme also has text cutoff/clipping in the Options lists, Themes list, and Dial from Home Screen list. Very slight cutoff on the HelpMe! screen. It also has cutoff/clipping on Menus.. (i.e. Browser Menu, etc.)

Bug report for both Precision and iBerry.

1) When using ALT+NMLL to display db reading of radio strength instead of antenna bars, the db text cannot be read on either theme. Due most likely to the fact that the db text is black on a black background.

JRSCcivic98 - Nice job.

One I noticed for Precision on my ATT 8800:

> In the browser if you are typing in a web URL the "recent URL" list cannot be read as it is black text on a black background.

For me when I go into media and change the home screen image it does not change the background on the Zen view, only on the Icon View. I really wish it had the Stock Zen Background installed for the Icon version of the views in the theme. But for a Free Theme it kicks ****. I need to have the VM indicator and missed calls indicator fixed for it to my go to theme.

Is there any way to have this in a TodayPlus theme?
    Last edited by mdlissner; 05-13-08 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Zen/Icon View Wallpaper Issue
    05-13-08 09:10 AM
    For me when I go into media and change the home screen image it does not change the background on the Zen view, only on the Icon View.
    That's weird, for OS 4.3 (8330) this is exactly reversed. The background is changed in Zen, but goes to Black in Icon View (all icons), but then again, that's how it behaves with the stock wallpaper, so I deemed it normal.
    05-13-08 09:26 AM
    The OTA isn't working on my curve and it won't let me install it over Desktop Manager. What can I do? It the wap address wrong?

05-13-08 09:34 AM
    Has anyone had any luck with the OTA?
    05-13-08 10:03 AM
    I install the Precision theme on my 8100 looks good but it ate loads of memory. After I installed via DM it re-booted my BB & was sitting at around 14.3 MB. I went in moved icons around to suit, changed font style for messages & so on, checked my stauts & it was down to 5.7 MB.....Could it really eat that much memory ?
    05-13-08 10:06 AM
    The ota isn't working

05-13-08 11:10 AM
    I install the Precision theme on my 8100 looks good but it ate loads of memory. After I installed via DM it re-booted my BB & was sitting at around 14.3 MB. I went in moved icons around to suit, changed font style for messages & so on, checked my stauts & it was down to 5.7 MB.....Could it really eat that much memory ?
    There is no way any theme could eat so much space...the file itself is like .3mb...maybe you installed some other stuff along with the theme in DM?
    05-13-08 04:01 PM
    No, that was the only thing I did on DM, I'll give it another go tonight, remove & re-install. didn't think it good eat so much memory.
    05-13-08 04:15 PM
    You can change the wallpaper on this theme. Why is everyone saying that they can't. It'll just only display during the Zen view and not during Full Icon view, just like the stock wallpaper. I don't think you guys realize that.
    Well, that might be for you, but when I say the "wallpaper cant be changed"...what I mean is, I don't want to see stock or themed WP at any time...be it when the full icon menu is up(which is where the WP shows up), or on my HOME screen, which is left docked icons and a black textured background with this theme.
    Not to mention, even if it COULD change the wallpaper on the HOME screen,(Im running 4.2 OS on an 8100, so maybe that's why it's not there), there's a huge black bar at the top that cuts off the wallpaper,(as it does on the full icon screen).
    I understand that the theme maker does this because the fonts are white, and if someone was to put a light-colored WP up, it wouldnt show up if the black bar BG wasn't there, but I don't USE light colored WPs...so it makes the theme worthless to me.
    Not saying it's not a good theme...it is beautifully done, just not what I want.
    However, I had never heard of this site before this release and there ARE some really good offerings there. Just gotta look for 'em.
    05-13-08 04:18 PM
    I can't download it on my computer or the ota! My computer somehow has a thing blocking the 3 themes display at elecite.eveek.com everytime I click on the download button or the picture from this thread so I don't know where the download button is. I clicked on what I thought was the indivivudal themes picture and it just showed me pics of it. How do I actually have the chance to download? The ota whenever I press download and it redirects to elecite.eveek.com but there is no download option to click. Please help?
    05-13-08 08:14 PM
    Well, that might be for you, but when I say the "wallpaper cant be changed"...what I mean is, I don't want to see stock or themed WP at any time...be it when the full icon menu is up(which is where the WP shows up), or on my HOME screen, which is left docked icons and a black textured background with this theme.
    Not to mention, even if it COULD change the wallpaper on the HOME screen,(Im running 4.2 OS on an 8100, so maybe that's why it's not there), there's a huge black bar at the top that cuts off the wallpaper,(as it does on the full icon screen).
    I understand that the theme maker does this because the fonts are white, and if someone was to put a light-colored WP up, it wouldnt show up if the black bar BG wasn't there, but I don't USE light colored WPs...so it makes the theme worthless to me.
    Not saying it's not a good theme...it is beautifully done, just not what I want.
    However, I had never heard of this site before this release and there ARE some really good offerings there. Just gotta look for 'em.
    Ok, well in light of this post I decided to bust out my other phones and do some testing. Seems I found some interesting info. I've updated my Bug post to reflect this.
    05-13-08 09:14 PM
    Thanks for the post XRollinX. Themes are awesome!

I downloaded the Precision to my 8330 and here is what I have to say in regards to the bugs:

All the indicators are there (vmail, missed call, text)... the only problem is, the icons are all located in the same spot. So if you have a text, and you get a call, the call then wipes the text icon... then the missed call icon will disappear and the text icon will still be there. same with voicemail. until you delete the voicemail or listen to it, the voicemail icon will remain there and overwrite the other icons...

maybe someone can fix that and repost?

but all in all, very sweet theme - looks great on the curve.
    05-13-08 10:27 PM
    wow thanks! downloading now.
    05-13-08 10:35 PM
    I just want a nice clear 9000 wallpaper. It would go good with my dimension L theme.

05-13-08 10:43 PM
    I downloaded these a couple of days ago and they are great. No memory issues and they work perfect, Love the fade effect. The only thing that I would like different is to have the blue RIM home screen shown on the CB front page.
    05-14-08 07:53 AM
    I had a bit of a bug on my 8320 running 4.5.0.18 OS, I had the theme installed, all icons arranged......then looked at my phone and I was back to my L theme.....not sure what happened there. It was VERY annoying that the wallpaper was so wacky.
    05-14-08 08:30 AM
    Precision is awesome! thanks
    05-14-08 05:26 PM
    Thanks For The Link!!!
    05-14-08 05:51 PM
    Precision is awesome! thanks
    x2...takes a while to get used to the icons.
    05-14-08 11:05 PM
    *************** UPDATE FOR PRECISION **************

Hi all, we've just released an updated version of Precision Zen 1.2
    The new update includes:
    - Mask removed
    - Message icons fixed
    - Black on black fonts changed
    - Blue blotch on the banner fixed
    - A few other small details fixed

If you'd like to see a new and updated version of the theme, please delete your current one and simply redownload it again from elecite.eveek.com or elecite.eveek.com/wap (for OTA)

Enjoy
    05-15-08 01:34 AM
    *************** UPDATE FOR PRECISION **************

Hi all, we've just released an updated version of Precision Zen 1.2
    The new update includes:
    - Mask removed
    - Message icons fixed
    - Black on black fonts changed
    - Blue blotch on the banner fixed
    - A few other small details fixed

If you'd like to see a new and updated version of the theme, please delete your current one and simply redownload it again from elecite.eveek.com or elecite.eveek.com/wap (for OTA)

Enjoy
    XRollinx - just downloaded the update - thank you . I can confirm that the black on black fonts have been fixed on my 8800 and that the base background is now on the icon view. Great work!
    05-15-08 05:36 AM
    got the 3 themes on my laptop , i will try them later on today, but thank you for sharing your hard work with the bb community , let you know my impressions as soon their installed
    05-15-08 07:22 AM
    There is no way any theme could eat so much space...the file itself is like .3mb...maybe you installed some other stuff along with the theme in DM?
    I uninstalled it & tried again, work great now...8100 must have been acting weird that day.

edit : just read the new upate
    05-15-08 08:04 AM
149 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD