would a brand new dtek60 for 340 usd from a retail store be a good deal?
    07-18-18 12:07 AM
    That phone is quite nice and that might be an alright price, but I don't think it's something you should buy over the Motion.

It is on Marshmallow and I don't think it's receiving any OS updates beyond that. Maybe I'm wrong and people can feel free to correct me, but I believe the PRIV, DTEK50, and DTEK60 devices are all not being updated past Marshmallow.

If you're okay with that, go for it. If you want a device that will get better support, buy a Motion, KEYone, or KEY2. You can probably find some good deals on all but the KEY2, that one will cost because it's brand new.

As nice as the DTEK60 is, it was a 'template' device to help TCL and BlackBerry collaborate on an 'off the shelf' design that was used on another TCL device, but this one is BlackBerry Secure and was built to demonstrate that capability through their partnership.
    07-18-18 02:23 AM
    You can score a relative new K1 device for the same price.
    07-18-18 02:30 AM
    That phone is quite nice and that might be an alright price, but I don't think it's something you should buy over the Motion.

It is on Marshmallow and I don't think it's receiving any OS updates beyond that.
    You're spot on. The DTEK60 won't get an update to Nougat, let alone Oreo. Software wise it's outdated and will receive only a few software updates but that'd be it.
    07-19-18 03:54 AM