I know how to patch android apps with cobalt's patcher and sideload them onto my blackberry passport but is there a way to manipulate the android messages app so it will work on my passport phone and thus I can then get my text messages on my android wear watch? (And yes, I do have android wear (wear os) working on my passport.)

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 09:27 PM
    I know how to patch android apps with cobalt's patcher and sideload them onto my blackberry passport but is there a way to manipulate the android messages app so it will work on my passport phone and thus I can then get my text messages on my android wear watch? (And yes, I do have android wear (wear os) working on my passport.)

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    I already answered your question.

Once again, the answer is no. The Android Runtime does not have access to the SMS API.
    05-15-18 11:09 PM
    I already answered your question.

Once again, the answer is no. The Android Runtime does not have access to the SMS API.
    Sorry to bother you. I just needed the clarification as I am obviously not a developer and don't understand how the runtime and api's work. And I guess I was also hoping that some developer would be able to figure out how to tap into it and somehow be able to solve this annoying but intricate problem. I do, however, appreciate all the help you @conite and others provide.
    05-16-18 09:06 AM
    Sorry to bother you. I just needed the clarification as I am obviously not a developer and don't understand how the runtime and api's work. And I guess I was also hoping that some developer would be able to figure out how to tap into it and somehow be able to solve this annoying but intricate problem. I do, however, appreciate all the help you @conite and others provide.
    It's not a matter of figuring out - we already know what the issue is, and why it's like that.

As BB10 cannot be altered without BlackBerry signing keys, and with BlackBerry having abandoned the OS, nothing will ever change in this regard.
    05-16-18 10:44 AM
    It's not a matter of figuring out - we already know what the issue is, and why it's like that.

As BB10 cannot be altered without BlackBerry signing keys, and with BlackBerry having abandoned the OS, nothing will ever change in this regard.
    Okay. Thank you very much once again.
    05-16-18 12:25 PM