I was looking at some of the Prime sales this morning and saw this. Does this wall charger really retail for $59.99?? Ouch!!!
    07-10-17 07:17 AM
    Name a retailer who doesn't do that lol. 'Sale' prices are almost always based on SRP rather than what you could have bought it for before the 'sale'.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-10-17 01:10 PM
    Name a retailer who doesn't do that lol. 'Sale' prices are almost always based on SRP rather than what you could have bought it for before the 'sale'.
    Yea. Et tu Amazon?
    Probably Canadian $$ as well.
    07-10-17 01:21 PM
    Aren't they all doing it? Clothes stores "make" you think you have good deal with 30% off. Car dealerships "point" at the msrp at window sticker as their base price. Grocery stores "advertise" their sale price at 1.99/2.99/3.99. Subscribe services "recommend" their middle "best-value" package option.
    Pricing strategy, odd-even price, anchored price are making it easy to fool consumer nowadays.
    The real price is the price you willing to pay for.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-10-17 01:32 PM
    Yes they are def doing it. It should be illegal to to post
    WAS 159.99
    NOW 39.99
    If it never was 159.99.....
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-11-17 01:23 PM
    If it's indeed the B016LO4UTA Anker Quick Charger, camelcamelcamel's price history has it being offered by a third-party seller.

Earliest price was $49.99 on November 5, 2015.

Very shortly afterward, it looks like it fell to abount $26 most of the time until early September, with occasional sales dropping it to $23 or less. From september to Early late November, it was $23, and if I'm reading the chart right, it spiked to $59.99 at what looks like just before Black Friday, then dropped to about $17. It's been pretty much hugging the $15.99 price point since January 10.
    07-13-17 09:41 PM
    Well well well. It looks like Amazon is going to be investigated for allegations of deceptive discounting.
    It won't stop me from shopping Amazon but I'll keep an eye on the pricing.
    07-21-17 04:08 AM
    Amazon has stated that they don't mind consumers paying more if they can afford to. Forget if most buyers themselves don't care if they're paying a buck or ten extra.
    08-15-17 03:52 AM
    They definitely do that. Clear your cookies or change browsers and a lot of times the same exact item will be much less... they look at your shopping and browsing history and inflate accordingly.
    11-02-17 12:33 PM
    Amazon is not your friend, same items on ebay are a lot less $$
    I sell on amazon and they rob me blind with their 20% fee and $.99 per item and never stand behind you when a customer is stealing from ya by saying I never got the item even though it shows delivered, amazon only wants them to have a pleasant buying experience as they screw the sellers but what can you do when they have the best platform to sell on
    11-02-17 03:27 PM
    Amazon is not your friend, same items on ebay are a lot less $$
    I sell on amazon and they rob me blind with their 20% fee and $.99 per item and never stand behind you when a customer is stealing from ya by saying I never got the item even though it shows delivered, amazon only wants them to have a pleasant buying experience as they screw the sellers but what can you do when they have the best platform to sell on
    Now, how are they robbing you? Just don't list on Amazon. List on eBay and be done with it.....
    11-02-17 03:45 PM
    Third parties sell on Amazon too. They are supposed to follow the law, and you can report violations to Amazon. There is plenty of deceptive pricing on Amazon.com but a lot of it is being done by other companies. Some consumers buy the first item they find without comparing prices. You can pay a hefty "convenience" fee for doing that. It's common to find the same item listed by several sellers on Amazon at different prices.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-02-17 03:50 PM
    Now, how are they robbing you? Just don't list on Amazon. List on eBay and be done with it.....
    Big concentrated capital will drive all the 'small fish' out of the water. This isn't free markets we're talking about.

People who actually value 'liberty', as opposed to those who just like being able to buy lots of guns, should be concerned about these abusive and predatory practices by big capital.
    11-02-17 06:10 PM
    If you knew anything about selling online ebay with books is NOT the place
    11-03-17 11:40 AM
    If you knew anything about selling online ebay with books is NOT the place
    Where did you ever mention books ?? I sell on both sites but no books...
    11-03-17 11:47 AM
    Place an Amazon item in and out of your cart for a while and observe how the price changes. I've seen them periodically indicate that an item is only for Prime members only to change it back later at the same price.
    11-03-17 12:11 PM
    for books its not the place no one looks on their site half .com anymore chuck
    11-03-17 12:27 PM