I've had my Style for just over a week now and am confused by the wifi. When I'm at home I have the wifi on my phone, but it doesn't seem to matter when I'm sending emails or browsing the web. I can have full wifi bars (standing right next to router) and the device struggles to send an email, load a webpage, or even send a text. Is there some setting I need to adjust to make this device utilize the wifi instead of a very slow Sprint network (I live in the sticks)??

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    05-11-13 09:38 AM
    reset the router
    05-11-13 10:47 AM
    I've had my Style for just over a week now and am confused by the wifi. When I'm at home I have the wifi on my phone, but it doesn't seem to matter when I'm sending emails or browsing the web. I can have full wifi bars (standing right next to router) and the device struggles to send an email, load a webpage, or even send a text. Is there some setting I need to adjust to make this device utilize the wifi instead of a very slow Sprint network (I live in the sticks)??

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    Reboot the phone and the router and see if you get a better connection. Also, test it with the mobile connection turned off. Thanks Fubaz, I started to respond but had a tricky situation come up.
    05-11-13 03:00 PM
    Thank you for the replies. I don't think the router is the issue because it gets reset every day (unrelated issue with my laptop). I turned off the mobile network and my email and Web became lightning fast. Sooooo... I guess whenever I want to send emails fast and look at things on the web from my armchair I'll have to turn off the mobile network? Not ideal but... I can deal with it until December when it's time to upgrade to BB10!!

Thanks again guys...
    05-11-13 09:25 PM
    Thank you for the replies. I don't think the router is the issue because it gets reset every day (unrelated issue with my laptop). I turned off the mobile network and my email and Web became lightning fast. Sooooo... I guess whenever I want to send emails fast and look at things on the web from my armchair I'll have to turn off the mobile network? Not ideal but... I can deal with it until December when it's time to upgrade to BB10!!

Thanks again guys...
    Sometimes the phone gets a little conflicted between the networks. Ok, the test confirmed this. Now, restore your mobile network, go to Manage Connections, Scroll down to Mobile Network Options, click that, and just turn off your Data Services, and try that again. You will still be able to use the phone, but not have the data conflict.
    Ray III likes this.
    05-12-13 09:09 AM
    Well this awesome! So now I just need to remember to turn ON the data services when I'm away from the house, correct??

Thank you so much for your help!!
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-14-13 10:34 PM
    Well this awesome! So now I just need to remember to turn ON the data services when I'm away from the house, correct??

Thank you so much for your help!!
    Hey no problem, with a little practice, you'll get used to switching it out as needed. Glad we could help, that's why we're here!
    05-14-13 10:45 PM
    You learn something new every day! I've been using this thing 2 1/2 years and never knew you could force WiFi and still be able to text.

To the new guy, I highly recommend you go to the App World and look up the Opera Mini web browser. It's blazing fast compared to the crappy OS6 browser and the only reason I haven't felt compelled to upgrade yet. A few pages might not render correctly, but you can just copy and paste the address into the BB browser (hold down the menu button to get the app switcher and it will be right there).
    07-02-13 04:28 AM
    Thanks so much Ray. HUGE difference with the Opera browser.
    08-09-13 10:42 PM