I really like the style and we all know it's only available on Sprint. Since I live in Alaska and Sprint doesn't have service here, I can't use it. We only have AT&T and a couple of local carriers all with data plans that are either capped or ridiculously expensive. I want unlimited internet!! I like Sprint's plans and I'd love to go with them but they just can't give me a local Alaska number. Because of that, when will this phone be offered to other networks? These exclusive deals where only one device is offered on only one carrier is ridiculous. Any device should be offered on any network.
    Last edited by blackbird76; 02-26-11 at 07:04 PM.
    02-26-11 06:23 PM
    The carriers don't want it for some reason...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 06:55 PM
    The Style was suppose to be release on Alltel back in January, according to a sales rep. The date keeps getting postponed for some reason, but according to them it will be out soon. I can't get anything more from anyone in the stores. I would think that Verizon would get it at the same time Alltel will.
    03-01-11 07:42 PM
    I wonder why...
    Hey, not bad. Only took you 3 days to come up with that witty and informative comeback.

Last edited by 18to12fitty; 03-01-11 at 09:18 PM.
    03-01-11 09:13 PM
    The Style is a great phone for the people who's needs it fit's. If you don't want one. GTFO, K!
    Ferretling likes this.
    03-01-11 09:17 PM
    I wonder why...
    I'm not surprised. When did you stop kicking puppies?

OP, I understand your dilemma, and would love to see them accomodate you. The Style really is a nice device, compact, solid, and quick. I think they're opening the door into their noses for not taking this into a wider release. Just as many horses as the 9780 with a lil' less battery, in a form many folks still like. I was hesitant because of the initial opinions, but it fits me like a glove.

03-01-11 09:30 PM
    I wonder why...
    Because of the form factor. They didn't think it would sell. They underestimated how popular a clamshell form factor smartphone would be, and how many people would really like it, and how solid the device would be and how well it would perform despite its lower price tag.

And the flip form factor with keyboard is certainly something Android isn't offering, and there's no way you can spin it to make it so. So why don't you go away and troll somewhere else. We've managed this long in the Style forum without your "help". You're not welcome here.
    03-02-11 12:19 AM
    I can understand why most providers passed. The original renderings of the Style made it look horrible. I wonder how much longer Sprint has the exclusive rights on the Style for. It's in RIMs and the Style's best interest to have as many providers as possible offering it.With pretty solid reviews and better than expected sales to show now, RIM should make another push to get this device out there.
    03-02-11 08:23 AM
    I was shocked to find it without GSM support!
    03-02-11 10:59 AM
    I'm not surprised. When did you stop kicking puppies?

OP, I understand your dilemma, and would love to see them accomodate you. The Style really is a nice device, compact, solid, and quick. I think they're opening the door into their noses for not taking this into a wider release. Just as many horses as the 9780 with a lil' less battery, in a form many folks still like. I was hesitant because of the initial opinions, but it fits me like a glove.

nice way of putting it! going to best buy to switch my bold for the style. bold is awesome but the style is unique
    03-04-11 08:47 PM
    In a bit of ironic fate, I purchased the Style because ATT seemed to be the only carrier with the Pearl 3G. I waited and waited but gave up on Sprint gettting it. I got the Style and cant be happier. It is a great device.
    03-04-11 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD