I'm not getting any kind of alert that I have recieved voice mail....and I cant find out where to turn the alerts for it.
    12-06-10 09:25 PM
    This should be turned on by default. Try a battery pull or a reboot (alt, right side caps lock, del). Should reslove that issue for you. If you want to make sure the settings are correct you can get there from options > sounds and ringtones > profile management > select your profile (should have a check mark by it) > messages > visual voicemail.
    12-07-10 05:12 PM
    Along the same line of questioning--does Sprint have visual voicemail. Just switched from ATT yesterday and still getting my bearings.
    12-09-10 05:10 PM
    The 9670 Style and the 9330 Curve are the only two RIM Blackberry devices on Sprint at this time that do have Visual Voicemail - yes.

For those who are wondering - Visual Voicemail is voice mail with a visual interface. Such an interface presents a list of messages for playback and may (in the very near future as far as Sprint goes) include a transcript of each message.
    12-09-10 05:17 PM
    I did all that you said and still no alert at all....any more things i could try? and while i have a sprint rep available....I still cannot use my sprint music store....it says a new one will be available for download soon...but nothing in a month now. thank you for all your help.....i've been a nextel then sprint customer for 12 years and have had nothing but excellent customer service.
    bimmer22 likes this.
    12-09-10 07:29 PM
    Ahh the Sprint Music Store - well...as i'm sure you know by reading the message that you get when you click on the music store icon "soon" :-). And the icon should display a message waiting indicator on it when it releases - so maybe you could move the music store icon to your home screen instead of inside that media folder so that it will be easier to notice. Unfortunately I do not know exactly when it will be ready though.

For your voicemail notification issue - it seems to me like it may be time for a good old fashioned security wipe :-( options > security > security wipe. If that fails to resolve the issue you may need to contact Sprint to have a rep walk you through our factory reset process. Please note: if you are going to try the security wipe of the factory reset you will lose your info that is in the device so you will want to backup - now, please do not restore that entire backup file onto the phone after it is reset b/c if it is a software issue you will copy that issue right back onto the device. I would use BB desktop manager to Sync your info to outlook as opposed to creating a backup file - or do the backup file but then when you go to reload the backup file to the phone just load the bare minimum back onto the device - contacts, messages, calendar, etc.

And then of course there is always a Sprint Service and Repair center that could diagnose this issue as well if you have time and transportation etc. The link is to the Sprint website where you can search for service and repair stores in your area, make an appointment, text driving directions, etc.
    12-10-10 04:41 PM
    Did you get your VM issue sorted out. day 5 on Sprint and I called my VM to find.....9 new messages!?!

I called tech support and they have been very helpful. They said there is some issue provisioning visual VM. They are going to call me back tomorrow but for now I am getting no kind of notice of any kind that I have a new message. Very strange because I activated 3 new Blackberries and the other two on my family plan have no problem with their Visual VM.

Just wondering what became of your situation.
    12-14-10 05:11 PM
    I have gotten no help yet.....was just waiting to see if anyone else got it resolved. Let me know what they tell you if you dont mind.
    12-14-10 10:13 PM
    Did you get your VM issue sorted out. day 5 on Sprint and I called my VM to find.....9 new messages!?!

I called tech support and they have been very helpful. They said there is some issue provisioning visual VM. They are going to call me back tomorrow but for now I am getting no kind of notice of any kind that I have a new message. Very strange because I activated 3 new Blackberries and the other two on my family plan have no problem with their Visual VM.

Just wondering what became of your situation.
    I have gotten no help yet.....was just waiting to see if anyone else got it resolved. Let me know what they tell you if you dont mind.
    You may want to upgrade to the newest OS that came out today. I was having the same issues with VVM, and when I upgraded to the first leak that came out, the problems went away. I've been running .407 since it leaked and have'nt had any problems.

I hope this helps!
    12-14-10 10:38 PM
    I jut did...and it looks like that fixed it! thanks for all the help everyone.
    12-15-10 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD