I never used visual voicemail before, so I don't know how it's supposed to work. Prior to this week it wasn't a problem.

Here's what happens this week: I get a notification that I have a new visual voicemail and an envelope appears in the notification area. Except when I try to make the envelope go away by opening it or marking it opened, it changes the voicemail so that when I call vm it says I have saved messages, not new messages. I'm also not getting the notifications right away. Yesterday (Tuesday) I got two from Sunday!

It sounds like there's no real way to turn visual voicemail off. Is that true? I am never going to use it.

Here's what I would like to have happen: when I get a voicemail, the voicemail icon appears in the notification area, and a number increments up if there are more (like it used to). I don't want the envelope notification to appear at all for voicemail, because it means so many different things I don't find the information useful at all and I only want a voicemail icon notification at the top.

Is there any way to do this?
    03-16-11 05:07 PM
    I never used visual voicemail before, so I don't know how it's supposed to work. Prior to this week it wasn't a problem.

Here's what happens this week: I get a notification that I have a new visual voicemail and an envelope appears in the notification area. Except when I try to make the envelope go away by opening it or marking it opened, it changes the voicemail so that when I call vm it says I have saved messages, not new messages. I'm also not getting the notifications right away. Yesterday (Tuesday) I got two from Sunday!

It sounds like there's no real way to turn visual voicemail off. Is that true? I am never going to use it.

Here's what I would like to have happen: when I get a voicemail, the voicemail icon appears in the notification area, and a number increments up if there are more (like it used to). I don't want the envelope notification to appear at all for voicemail, because it means so many different things I don't find the information useful at all and I only want a voicemail icon notification at the top.

Is there any way to do this?
    There is another thread in the Style forum about the Visual Voicemail problems. I have noticed mine be delayed for a few hours, or a day, then other times it comes through right away. I'm pretty sure this is a problem with Sprint, not the phone. My solution has been to just call my voicemail after I see a missed call just incase. If you go to options under Visual Voicemail there is an option to not have a notification in your messages folder, but I don't know of anyway to disable Visual Voicemail entirely. This should at least solve one of your problems.
    03-17-11 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD