It made me look like an *** again ...Not like I need any help at that

Voice mail was left @ 2:44 pm Received @ 12:22 am .... What is up with this feature?
    01-29-11 12:22 PM
    It made me look like an *** again ...Not like I need any help at that

Voice mail was left @ 2:44 pm Received @ 12:22 am .... What is up with this feature?
    Is that all it takes? lol. j/k

Ive gotta ask, didnt you see the notification of a missed call? If there is a delay in the notification you should probably press 1 and check for messages manually. I have done that before when I thought I should have received a notification of a message. Visual Voicemail doesn't like me at all.
    01-29-11 01:14 PM
    Mine just started doing that too...Sprint says they're working on it...yeah right
    01-29-11 03:18 PM
    Oh boy, talking about having egg on my face and being a bit embarrassed for not following my own advice.

I had a missed call last night and assumed he didn't leave a message. Was thinking about my problems with this phone just now and then the light bulb showed up over my head. I checked my voicemail box and there was a new message from the time of my missed call last night. VVM never sent the notification.

That will teach me about being a smart***! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 06:02 PM
    When I had the Instinct, VVM would have sporadic outages, and this is what would happen. Same exact thing. I do enjoy VVM, but I am surprised that they still have this issue after two-and-a-half years, but... ah well. It isn't a phone issue. as far as I understand, but a Sprint issue. At least, that's how it was with the Instinct. SSDD. Anyway, yeah, I do check my voicemail if I don't see a message and it's someone who usually leaves one because I know that this will happen with VVM.
    01-29-11 06:45 PM
    Same thing here. Getting VVM notifications hours after a message is left. Ridiculous! And Sprint is getting ready to jack up the rates $10 per each new smartphone activation for data services. I'd be willing to pay it if they'd just deliver my voicemail and email in a timely manner for a change.

01-29-11 07:25 PM
    This is why I still use Google Voice in spite of the clunky interface on the BB. I get a (usually hilarious) "transcript" of the message sent via SMS and email and then can go into the GV app to listen to download and listen to the message. I found the GV SMS/email notifications are far more reliable that the Sprint VVM.
    01-29-11 09:14 PM
    I initially was getting my VVM notification within 20 seconds or so of the message, but today I noticed that I had a voicemail and wasn't notified (neither by regular voicemail or VVM). I saw the missed call and called voicemail about 5 minutes later and sure enough there was a new message. Hopefully Sprint fixes this. I guess I will have to manually check voicemail after ever missed call just incase.

So I just called myself from my wifes phone and left a message and I did get the notification about 30 seconds later. Oddly enough, it said I had 2 new messages... the 1st was the message that I listened to (and erased) manually about 8hrs ago... interesting.
    Last edited by danisnotstan; 02-01-11 at 10:16 PM.
    02-01-11 09:50 PM
    Today was the first day I used VVM and it worked like a charm! A call came through, a voice mail was left an then I was able to listen to it. I hope it stays this way.
    02-02-11 04:29 PM
    Recd one 4 hrs late again today. Really getting old at this point.

02-02-11 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD