Okay

My GF recently got the Style 9670. Running OS 6. For some reason she keeps getting a sound notification like "DA DA DA" she describes it as almost a knock 3 times but I hear DA DA DA.

First, I have searched the forum for this, and found nothing similar or that it could be.

There are no Icons with a star or lit up. No hidden icons either. No 3rd party apps giving updates, no apps in NEED of updates on App World. No alarms or calendar events scheduled.
    I have even gone through her ENTIRE list of Ring Tones and nothing matches it. I have gone through all her 3rd party apps. And NONE of them have options for any type of alerts that this would produce.

Yes we have done the battery pull, we have done memory clean, we have done ALT+LG+LG

I am at my wits end hearing about it, and I can't figure it out for the life of me! Does ANYONE have any idea what this could possible me?
    03-05-11 09:22 AM
    Any weather apps?
    03-05-11 09:24 AM
    Any weather apps?
    Yeah, just WeatherEye from theweathernetwork.com
    I have it on my phone as well and there are no options that has an alert for any updates, etc.. at least that I can find.
    I am guessing it HAS to be a 3rd party app since it's not a sound in the standard ring tones list. But none of them have the option for any alerts like this.
    Unless you are aware of something I am not?
    03-05-11 09:33 AM
    I hear this alert when I am actively typing a text message and I receive a new text at the same time. It is the only time I have heard it...never heard that alert when the phone is just sitting idle on my desk.
    03-05-11 10:25 AM
    I hear this alert when I am actively typing a text message and I receive a new text at the same time. It is the only time I have heard it...never heard that alert when the phone is just sitting idle on my desk.
    She has mentioned she thought that may be it as well.
    So lets say it is indeed what you said. Why is that "Sound" not listed in the rings tones, alerts, alarms, etc???
    03-05-11 11:07 AM
    Check the active profile and look at the Browser alert and see if that is your mysterious alert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 12:18 AM
    That has happened to me on my old Curve 8330 and also on my Style. It happens when you are doing one thing and something else happens. That is the best way I can describe it!
    03-08-11 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD