hey guys, i tend to type really long paragraphs and go over the 160 character limit and for some reason on the style some of my friends have been saying they get a picture message as a result :S and i'm unsure why? i switched from a bold 9700 and i could keep typing and it was all great! im assuming it has something to do with the mms mode which has to do with media? because everytime i go over the 160 limit it says 'mms mode. increased costs may incur'. if i change the phone to be SMS only, i can't go over the 160 character limit? any suggestions pleaseeeeee! thanks in advance!
    01-17-11 02:25 PM
    SMS is just that, short message service. So no, you cannot go over 160 characters using SMS. Sometimes the network will automatically break up larger messages and send them as separate texts, then other times it will change the message to MMS to send it. I think thats kind of cool that it changes it for you instead of the dreaded STOP at 0 characters left.
    01-17-11 03:49 PM
    The GSM networks frequently break longer messages into separate segments and allow you to keep typing. The CDMA carriers don't do this for whatever reason. You can, however, get an app like 'Beyond 160' that will allow you to do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 04:56 PM
    yea i get that, but i'm just wondering why my buddies are receiving some texts as picture msgs :S? isnt that kind of odd? my 9700 would exceed the 160 limit but it didnt say mms mode when i did (dont think the software is like that) but with my style it indicates mms mode and automatically sends texts broken up separately like it should but why would it send it as a picture message?
    01-17-11 11:10 PM
    Im going to post this here and on the Beyond 160 site. this program is a POS. I have a BB Tour. The text do not go through in sequence, some do not get sent at all. The Beyond 160 app-icon does not appear on the BB menu. If a standard sms text is longer than 160, it does not appear on the 160 screen, nor does it send. you must re type it, because copy and paste does not work. I have un installed it, re installed it, did a battery pull, changed the code, bought the app a second time, and the bottom line? NO tech- or customer service assistance. Do not waste your money!!
    01-18-11 11:34 AM
    You must be on a Canadian Carrier or on older OS because all I can send is 160 it won't change budge nothing gotta send seperate sms just annoying here on Sprint 9670/6.0.0.407

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD