I'm looking to use my phone as a modem. Does anyone have some step by step instructions on how to do this on the style? I think I need to use blackberry desktop manager but I can't seem to get it to connect. Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 05:57 PM
    Here is a link from Blackberry support that you can use to set up tethering:
    KB05196-Connect a computer to the Internet using a BlackBerry smartphone as a USB tethered modem

I don't recommend tethering through this method or Desktop Manager especially if your plan doesn't include tethering. As it can get expensive on certian carriers.

I would recommend using a 3rd party app to tether such as Tether. It would show your tethering data as normal phone data usage.
    11-30-10 06:30 PM
    Ok, thank u. I use to use my touch pro as a modem once in awhile w/sprint service n never saw additional charges but I was also on a custom rom w/the programs already cooked in. Maybe the chefs had a way around that. Ill have to check into it some more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 09:50 PM
    Sprint charges i think $10 or $15 dollars to add tethering for a BB on your account now. but as AZN has said if you have unlimited data, get Tether as it masks the tethering on your pc as BB data use.

good luck!
    11-30-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD