Im Thinking about switching from a curve to the style, my bigest beef with the curve is thje little mic hole and complains of my voice being muffled when I talk, and poor reseption, i had a motorola renegade before the curve, same provider and way better reseption. anyone have a opinion on the mic and overall signal strenght on the style over my curve??
    02-28-11 10:17 PM
    I get compliments on the clarity of my Style, and all BlackBerrys have a small aperture for the microphone. The one for the Curve is on the bottom, but sounding muffled is not a terribly common affliction, and could have been a hardware issue, or present in certain OS versions, as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 10:28 PM
    No problems here with style microphone. and the reception to me is better than my Bold and old curve 8330.
    03-01-11 02:27 AM
    hows the ringer? mines lame
    03-01-11 05:30 AM
    hows the ringer? mines lame
    The ringer can be changed...
    03-01-11 09:01 AM
    I find the call quality both incoming and outgoing to be outstanding! The Style sounds great

03-01-11 03:33 PM
    No issues here either. Call quality on both ends seems good even when I have a weak signal.
    03-03-11 09:50 AM
    This is my first Blackberry. Not sure why, but I sometimes get an echo, and it isn't always for the entire call.

Even though I've been with Sprint for a few years, the echo was pretty rare with my Moto Q and Moto Q9C's. It is one of only a few tiny disappointments with the Style, however. It is a fine device, and has MANY desirable features. I love the fact it has a clamshell design, and is still a smartphone. But it has been quite an adjustment, for this ol' Windows Mobile guy.

My Motorola phones have had very good signal strength, and call performance, and my Style seems just as good to me in that department. I can make and receive CLEAR calls in areas where most people can't, not any less so than with my Motos.

Can't compare it to other BB's.
    03-04-11 10:23 AM
    This is my first Blackberry. Not sure why, but I sometimes get an echo, and it isn't always for the entire call.

Even though I've been with Sprint for a few years, the echo was pretty rare with my Moto Q and Moto Q9C's. It is one of only a few tiny disappointments with the Style, however. It is a fine device, and has MANY desirable features. I love the fact it has a clamshell design, and is still a smartphone. But it has been quite an adjustment, for this ol' Windows Mobile guy.

My Motorola phones have had very good signal strength, and call performance, and my Style seems just as good to me in that department. I can make and receive CLEAR calls in areas where most people can't, not any less so than with my Motos.

Can't compare it to other BB's.
    When you are experiencing the echo, are you by any chance talking to an AT&T customer? This always happens to me, but its not the Blackberry, I've had several phones and whenever I talk to my one friend on AT&T I hear myself echo for about 10-20 seconds, then it goes away.

03-04-11 10:35 AM
    Comparing it to the other 2 BlackBerrys I've had it is holding the #1 spot currently. Waaayyyy better than my Tour and puts the 8330 in second place. (And I had a solid Tour). It's better on Bluetooth than either of the others, to boot.

As for the ringer, as good as my 8330 and better than the Tour. I drive a commercial truck and have no problem hearing the ringer while roaring down the highway.

One thing about my Style is I've seen it pull data and pages on 1xev where the others wouldn't. It also holds a signal quite well, especially compared to the Tour. I'm by no means disappointed in these areas. The only issue I've had is lighter on battery life, but I have 5 active BBM groups and a heavy demand going most of the day. It stills beats my Tour.

Last edited by BergerKing; 03-04-11 at 10:51 AM.
    03-04-11 10:43 AM
    When you are experiencing the echo, are you by any chance talking to an AT&T customer? This always happens to me, but its not the Blackberry, I've had several phones and whenever I talk to my one friend on AT&T I hear myself echo for about 10-20 seconds, then it goes away.

Very interesting..... I have not noticed that.

I'll pay attention next time it happens, but honestly, the phone isn't getting a thumbs down for a mild echo every umteenth call.

(I'm much unhappier that I can't seem to stream WMA audio. My daughter is an on-air radio personality, and her station is not currently using a stream I can use. It worked fine on my other phones.)

Thanks for the suggestion on the echo.

Stan
    03-04-11 04:31 PM
    Very interesting..... I have not noticed that.

I'll pay attention next time it happens, but honestly, the phone isn't getting a thumbs down for a mild echo every umteenth call.

(I'm much unhappier that I can't seem to stream WMA audio. My daughter is an on-air radio personality, and her station is not currently using a stream I can use. It worked fine on my other phones.)

Thanks for the suggestion on the echo.

Stan
    Have you tried TuneIn?
    03-04-11 04:50 PM
    +1 for Tunein GREAT! Radio app.

03-04-11 05:18 PM
    Have you tried TuneIn?
    Oh yeah. What a great program! I started a thread on the topic. Lots of "reads" , but not a single reply. I would pay money if someone could crack the problem.

03-05-11 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD