Recently started having a charging issue with my Style. It charges, but hangs up at 85% (if I do a battery pull, it bumps up to 90%). I've tried a new battery, new charger, charging overnight with the phone off, but nothing seems to help. Boost offered to replace the phone (I've only had it for 10 months), but since they don't offer the Style any more I said no thanks. I love this phone and am extremely disappointed that BB has seemed to turn its back on it. Has anyone else had this problem of only partial charging?
    05-27-12 08:25 AM
    have you tried a different OS?
    05-27-12 11:52 AM
    Or tried an external charger?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    05-27-12 05:19 PM
    I've got the OS6 bundle 2426. I get the same result on the charging pod, charges to 85% then stops. I didn't know I could change the OS. This isn't a deal breaker, as I said I really like this phone (confirmed clamshell fan), so I'll continue to use it, everything else works beautifully. I've purchased another Boost Style from ebay, and will try the charger that comes with it. Would charging on my laptop make a difference (besides taking longer)?
    05-28-12 02:26 PM
    As I mentioned before, an external charger would work if the device refuses to recharge it fully. Look up universal cellphone battery charger, you'll find ones with adjustable positions for the batteries of any phone, regardless of model. You'll find these on ehay. Sort by Low Price + Shipping, buy it now, and you'll find the lowest priced one, with free shipping.
    mamasan47 likes this.
    05-28-12 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD