My external screen has stopped working but the internal screen is still is fine.

Since the two screens are one unit, it is damn pricey to replace! Crackberry does it for $169. I did find a local shop that will do it for $139. I am with Boost Mobile and gottheir insurance at $5 per month. I called them and they have a $100 deductible on the Style, but, they do not have any right now and would happily send me a 8350! I hate the cell phone industry...

Anyone out there had to do this and what do you recommend? A commercial service or can I do it myself? Where would you recommend I purchase the part?

Boost Mobile is discontinuing Blackberries, btw...
    02-21-12 10:21 AM
    Check out the Vuclip video, http://s950.vuclip.com/d0/79/d079281...52240&s=BNaDaI

The screen is available at Amazon for $85 w/ 2.49 shipping. If you can work with small parts, just go slow and easy, it should be fine.

However, once you break the white seals on the housing, any warranty is voided.

I've done my own repairs, and I know plenty that have worked on theirs.

The mission, if you decide to accept it .............
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-21-12 at 11:12 AM.
    02-21-12 10:45 AM
    Your best bet is to go to craigslist or ebay and buy a style there. I found one a week ago and talked the girl down to 25$ As long as you have a couple of the right tools which are cheap you can do it.There is also a good video on youtube were a guy swaps case colors from one style to another which means disassembling the whole phone,so its a good watch.
    02-26-12 08:53 PM
    Your worst bet is to go to craigslist or ebay and buy a style there. I found one a week ago and talked the girl down to 25$ As long as you have a couple of the right tools which are cheap you can do it.There is also a good video on youtube were a guy swaps case colors from one style to another which means the whole phone,so its a good watch.
    Maybe, some people don't trust ebay
    02-28-12 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD