Anyone else's speakerphone just stop working? If so anyone know how to fix it? I got my style before the $10 data "fee" Sprint says if I get a replacement I would have to start paying the extra fee. Personally I don't wanna do that so was wondering if I could get some help here. Thanks in advance.
    04-03-11 09:11 AM
    Have you already tried taking the battery out and putting it back in? Also, if the speakerphone is dead, wouldn't the ringer be dead too?
    04-03-11 10:38 AM
    did you check the volume after you turn the speakerphone on?

could be an os bug perhaps, failing the hardware issue.
    04-03-11 03:25 PM
    I doubt they would have to replace the whole phone. I had issues with the ear piece on mine and they replace the entire top half of the phone.

Also, if they did have to replace your phone, I would talk to someone and try to get that fee waived. I realize you'd be activating a new phone but your contract would be the same. Sounds to me like talking to the right person would help.
    04-04-11 08:02 AM
    I tried a battery pull and the volume check. I'll figure something out. I have talked to sprint and they say I would have to get that $10 dollar fee I'm gonna try calling a few times and get the right person on the phone. anthromatt you are correct the ringer and alarm clock doesn't work either. Thank you all for your help I really appreciate it.
    04-04-11 03:45 PM
    I tried a battery pull and the volume check. I'll figure something out. I have talked to sprint and they say I would have to get that $10 dollar fee I'm gonna try calling a few times and get the right person on the phone. anthromatt you are correct the ringer and alarm clock doesn't work either. Thank you all for your help I really appreciate it.
    Sprint can't charge the additional $10 fee for a warranty replacement.
    04-04-11 09:55 PM
    Sprint can't charge the additional $10 fee for a warranty replacement.
    Not true. They can and will unless you have TEP, warranty or not.
    04-04-11 10:45 PM
    Not true. They can and will unless you have TEP, warranty or not.
    I'm not a lawyer but that sounds illegal. Adding the fee for swapping of ESN's seemed shadey, adding a fee on a warranty replacement will surely bring a class action lawsuit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 10:50 PM
    I'm not a lawyer but that sounds illegal. Adding the fee for swapping of ESN's seemed shadey, adding a fee on a warranty replacement will surely bring a class action lawsuit.

Why? Sprint doesn't offer the warranty, RIM does. So if Sprint offers the warranty replacement as a favor to its customers, I suspect that is their leg to stand on. What is unclear is what would happen if someone chose to go through RIM instead of Sprint. Then I would tend to agree that Sprint would be out of bounds charging the fee.
    04-04-11 10:53 PM
    Why? Sprint doesn't offer the warranty, RIM does. So if Sprint offers the warranty replacement as a favor to its customers, I suspect that is their leg to stand on. What is unclear is what would happen if someone chose to go through RIM instead of Sprint. Then I would tend to agree that Sprint would be out of bounds charging the fee.
    Like I said, I'm not a lawyer, but it still doesn't sound legit. I know this "premium data fee" debate will never end but... How would you feel if your new car was replaced under the lemon law and let's just say Honda decides to raise your payment because gas prices are high and their cars are in demand? That is what Sprint is doing. They pushed everyone onto smartphones and now they're crying about the data. Let me guess, they had no idea these great phones would use more data? I would actually prefer a tiered plan. I use the **** out of my BB and I'm lucky if I use 50MB a month! Let all of the rooted Android users who are stealing mobile hotspot and using 20GB a month pay for what they use then when they get the bill they will stop and sprint won't have to worry about the network being abused and people using less won't be charged more to make up for the difference.

04-04-11 11:13 PM
    They pushed everyone onto smartphones and now they're crying about the data. Let me guess, they had no idea these great phones would use more data? I would actually prefer a tiered plan. I use the **** out of my BB and I'm lucky if I use 50MB a month! Let all of the rooted Android users who are stealing mobile hotspot and using 20GB a month pay for what they use then when they get the bill they will stop and sprint won't have to worry about the network being abused and people using less won't be charged more to make up for the difference.

I don't disagree with anything you have said. I'd love a tiered option. I'd love to be able to be on a family plan where I didn't have to pay for all the phones to have data when only 1 of them needs it. I'd love for someone to sue Sprint and challenge them on this issue.

As for me, I'll probably go elsewhere by the end of the year. As of now both Verizon and AT&T offer family plans that would cost me less (though admittedly I would get less...but I wouldn't get less than I need).
    04-04-11 11:23 PM
    I don't disagree with anything you have said. I'd love a tiered option. I'd love to be able to be on a family plan where I didn't have to pay for all the phones to have data when only 1 of them needs it. I'd love for someone to sue Sprint and challenge them on this issue.

As for me, I'll probably go elsewhere by the end of the year. As of now both Verizon and AT&T offer family plans that would cost me less (though admittedly I would get less...but I wouldn't get less than I need).
    I'm sure we haven't heard the last of this haha. To be honest, I don't think the majority of Sprint customers even know about this new fee yet. Obviously those of us who frequent the tech sites have known about this for months. I have a friend I was with the other night who was complaining about her Pixi and asking about the Style since her contract is up next month. She had no idea about the fee until I told her. Needless to say, she plans to keep the Pixi instead of upgrading just out of principle. Once more customers come due for upgrades I think the lawyers will come out of the woodwork. I agree with you about the real hit being on famly plans. A lot of people will say $10 is no big deal... But when they have 5 lines $50 is a little hard to swallow considering you're not even getting anything extra. Its kind of like an upgrade to your car... If you spend $300 on a new stereo at least you can show it off and enjoy the upgrade. If you spend $300 because your windshield was cracked, you kind of feel cheated haha (the crack is gone, but its the same as it was prior haha)

04-04-11 11:49 PM
    I seem to recall reading an FAQ about the fee that specifically said replacements for damaged/faulty phones would NOT garner the $10/month fee.
    04-05-11 04:05 AM
    I seem to recall reading an FAQ about the fee that specifically said replacements for damaged/faulty phones would NOT garner the $10/month fee.
    That is only applicable if you have TEP.
    04-05-11 08:49 AM
    Like I said previously, I would take it into a Sprint store, they can probably just service that one and, you won't have to worry about the $10 fee.

That's just the route I would take and then if they can't fix it, take it from there.
    04-05-11 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD