I just got my first Blackberry and it's a Style for Christmas. I think it can be great if it weren't so complicated to use. With every other cell phone I have had all I had to do in order to silence it all (like while I am in a movie) is to use the toggle buttons on the side. I have FINALLY figured out how to silence the phone in general (by using the speaker icon in the upper left side) however this only seems to apply for general calls/texts set all to the same ringtone. When my husband calls/texts me it is a different ringtone and his calls still go through NOT silent. Do I honestly have to find him in the menu somewhere and silence his calls separately? To me it should not be this complicated and I am honestly considering returning the phone (since I have 30 days to do so) as it does NOT seem very user friendly. Your help with this matter is so much appreciated!
    12-25-10 10:11 PM
    find an icon called profiles. scroll down to silent. This setting should have all alerts set to silent by default. to learn more about your new BlackBerry, search this site for the Blackberry 101 series.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 10:28 PM
    Make sure you are up to date on the latest software that just came out last week. If so Silence all with the speaker icon changed red and an x next to it your phone shouldn't make a peep if it does try all alerts off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD