Hello! I have owned 3 different models of Blackberry phones (about 6 phones total w replacements) in the last 4 years...World Edition, Curve, and now the Style. I had the older operating system on all of them except for my new one: the style. And I have had a few problems with it that I never had on the older operating system and I wonder if Blackberry messed up with a couple of things that Blackberry users rely on and love about Blackberry.

Now I have been using this site for about the same time that I have been a BB user. But I have never had enough problems with my phone to ever post but I feel this qualifies.... Please tell me if any of you have ever had any of these things happen to you and if so, is there a fix? Do I just have a defective phone or is there a setting that's not correct? HELP!

1. I use my BB calendar a lot...and with the old operating system I was able to change my default view to 'month' even though BB's default view is 'day'. This model has the same menu and the same option but when I choose it and exit out of the calender then go back into the application, it still loads up the day and not the month. I know this option worked on my old BB.... why doesn't it work now? Breakdown in the operating system, or just a bug in this particular phone???

2. I usually do things by habit and when things change it messes with my head...lol....SO when I go to compose a new SMS, it defaults to the TO field and I type the first few letters of the persons name and then click out of the drop down. It used to then bring the cursor to the message field and with the new OS, it brings the cursor to another TO field. All the sudden I'm typing "hey what's up" but my phone is looking for H contacts. WTH? Can this be changed?

3. THIS IS THE BIG DEAL... I was in my settings playing around trying to fix #2 problem. I don't remember all that I changed or even if I changed something significant but when I woke up the next day, my SMS inbox didn't work the same. I now have messages organizing incorrectly... IE they were sent to me on Feb3 but will load under a different date several days earlier putting it far down on the list. Some come under the current date but most are buried under piles of other messages in different dates going back as far as a week.

Now it gets even more interesting.... New messages come in my inbox in multiples. IE My husband says 'Good Morning' and I all the sudden can scroll through 10-20 'Good Morning' messages. When I open one, then they all are marked unread but they stay there. If I delete one, they all go away. What's the deal?

Please help ....do I just have a bad phone or what????

--Amber
    02-03-11 10:47 PM
    I have had the Style for around three months and I must say I have not had any issues like this. As far as the calander goes mine is set to open up t the monthly view and it does. It sounds like there may be a problem with your phone specifically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 03:00 AM
    I had the same problem with my calendar with the orginal release software... 6.0.0.248. But since the update to 6.0.0.407 back in December, I've had zero issues with it.

I have no idea about the other issues.
    02-04-11 05:09 AM
    First off, I would recommend that, if you are not on to .407 build of the OS, you update it. If you have updated it, you may want to downgrade and re-update it. That's one possibility. At any rate, that should take care of the calendar issue, as v_sprad has said. As far as your #2 problem, there isn't a setting to change this as far as I can tell. It will always go to a second To field. At first I had problems with this, but I quickly got used to thumbing my trackpad down and now type my replies where they're supposed to go. Silly replies. As far as your #3 problem, I'm not sure why this would be happening.
    02-04-11 06:35 AM
    A couple things to try, maybe you have already tried them, but maybe not. If you already have I apologize.

#1) When calendar is open, go to menu. Selecting VIEW does not set your default view, it only sets the view for that session. Go to OPTIONS, Choose CALENDAR DISPLAY AND ACTIONS, scroll to VIEWS/Initial View, and choose your option. I have mine set to Most Recent but you can pick whatever view you want it to open up to. Click the back button, click SAVE. Back out of options.

#3) I'm not sure why it may be doing that, but while in text messaging you may want to go to OPTIONS and see if Combine Sequential Messages is checked. If so UNCHECK it. I'm not sure what that does exactly but it is not checked on my phone. Then you may want to try a battery pull.
    02-04-11 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD