I have been forced to use Password security starting today. I had previously set the delay to 1 hour, the longest setting allowed for idle time before the password kicks in. However, this morning when the BES provisioned the new security protocols onto my phone (against my will)...it set the idle time to 20 minutes and locked it.

The basic password setting is also locked.

Is there any way to hack into, I mean "access," my own phone and change this?
    06-01-11 10:50 AM
    I don't think it will matter. Even if you are able to change it, once it gets the policy from the BES again, it will just be re-instated.
    06-01-11 11:54 AM
    I have been forced to use Password security starting today. I had previously set the delay to 1 hour, the longest setting allowed for idle time before the password kicks in. However, this morning when the BES provisioned the new security protocols onto my phone (against my will)...it set the idle time to 20 minutes and locked it.

The basic password setting is also locked.

Is there any way to hack into, I mean "access," my own phone and change this?
    No. It is almost never a good idea to put your personal phone on a corporate BES. You lose control and privacy.
    06-01-11 11:58 AM
    Yep. The solution is to take "your own phone" off your employer's BES.
    06-01-11 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD