Okay I know this is premature...but hear me out....

As the new clamshell has been rumoured to be the first device using 6.0....and 6.0 is slated for a late May release....would we assume the release date for this phone would be around the end of May?

Anyone hear anything different?

Like my 8530 but can't wait for this to come out!
    04-23-10 11:17 AM
    Yeah, I'd like to know too. If it's going to be released in a few months, I'd wait (again) to buy it.
    04-23-10 12:27 PM
    The beautiful Clamshell should be out by the end of summer. As far as an exact release date, we don't have one yet since not even Verizon or RIM have it set in stone.

For some weird reason I want one of those.
    Got this from the Rumored Blackberry Devices Thread. THANKS SAL!
    As much as I want one. I think I'll get the Bold 9650 and not wait.
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 04-26-10 at 09:19 PM.
    04-26-10 09:15 PM
    I'd love to know the release date but I also highly doubt lame USCC will carry this phone.Is it suppose to be CDMA? Orrrrr is it unsure at this point? Or is it due for either?
    04-27-10 09:14 AM
    I'd love to know the release date but I also highly doubt lame USCC will carry this phone.Is it suppose to be CDMA? Orrrrr is it unsure at this point? Or is it due for either?
    In the News and Rumors Post, Adam stated that the rumor is it's a Verizon exclusive (for the U.S. market , but maybe open for other carriers outside the U.S. like the Storm, I would guess). So, it would be a CDMA phone.
    04-27-10 01:03 PM
    If the BlackBerry clamshell is as reliable a phone as my Storm 2 (my very first BlackBerry) has been, then I definitely want one. I know I'm in the minority here, but a Qwerty BlackBerry clamshell would make a great backup for me.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-29-10 07:21 PM
    I am hoping "never"
    04-30-10 01:26 PM
    I am hoping "never"
    Me too haha! But I actually wouldn't mind a slider.

04-30-10 10:50 PM
    I dont know why such a large number of people commit on how "ugly" this phone is. I personally like its design. I would have gotten the Pearl flip if it were faster and had a full QWERTY keypad. As for release date, i hope it is soon.

05-01-10 12:07 AM
    Who in the US will carry this ?
    05-30-10 11:54 PM
    Who in the US will carry this ?
    Most likely Verizon and hopefully Sprint.
    05-31-10 02:50 AM
    Thx. I have only one question more: "Why has Rim started making CDMA phones?" I've known Rim to be wi/fi friendly yet this phone is not. I'm not speaking data wise, although I'm not sure about that either.
    05-31-10 09:46 AM
    Any rumors on when this phone will be released?
    06-03-10 07:50 AM
    Thx. I have only one question more: "Why has Rim started making CDMA phones?" I've known Rim to be wi/fi friendly yet this phone is not. I'm not speaking data wise, although I'm not sure about that either.
    RIM makes CDMA phones so those of us on Sprint or Verizon can use them.
    06-07-10 11:58 PM
    122112 lol
    06-29-10 01:38 PM
    122112 lol
    Oh wow...that was HILARIOUS!

You owe me $5 for wasting three seconds of my life reading that garbage. Due immediately.
    06-29-10 02:10 PM
    guys... any word on the release date?
    07-11-10 11:27 PM
    I heard the 9800 will be released around September, but will the 9670 be released for CDMA around the same time?
    07-19-10 12:17 AM
    Probably September or October. Most likely coincide with the release of the OS 6.

08-10-10 10:33 AM
    I wonder if they will quietly release this? I hope they make a bit of fuss. It looks like an interesting phone. a much better looking one than their last flip - looks like a quality built phone... surely with AT&T having exclusive access to the torch, some build up on another network with 6 on it would be great since not everyone wants to jump onto AT&T or refuse too.

i can see this coming in 2 weeks.
    08-11-10 08:33 AM
    Yeah they need to hurry up and release this phone cause there no way in **** I would ever give AT&T cellular one red cent. Plus I've had the Storm for almost 2 years so all the other devices are uncomfortable for me (going from full screen to a permanent half screen). Release the 9670!

08-11-10 12:59 PM
    Still can't decide if I'm excited about this device or not.
    08-16-10 03:49 PM
    I wonder if they will quietly release this? I hope they make a bit of fuss. It looks like an interesting phone. a much better looking one than their last flip - looks like a quality built phone... surely with AT&T having exclusive access to the torch, some build up on another network with 6 on it would be great since not everyone wants to jump onto AT&T or refuse too.

i can see this coming in 2 weeks.
    I'm almost certain it will be a quiet launch, unless they wanna play up bb6. The Bold is the first solid BlackBerry to come to VZW in a long time and I never saw a TV ad about it.

08-16-10 06:27 PM
    Any word on a GSM version ??
    08-20-10 12:42 PM
    give it to at&t, they get a cool touch screen slider and we get clammed
    09-07-10 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD