While I've always thought this phone had a very weak battery, all of a sudden on saturday I left my phone charging in my car while I ran an errand. It was in low 90's outside and when I came back, my phone wasn't charging and was still 1/2 dead... I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still nothing. Took it inside and tried home charger and nothing... Did a battery pull and still nothing... Pulled the battery for 2min and after that it seems to charge fine, however my usage seems to be way down from what I got out of battery before... I was luck with this phone to get 8h before I needed to re-charge... Its now more like 6 at best.... I haven't added any apps recently.. Only difference was I WAS in a low signal area all weekend, which I blamed on battery life... But now I'm in my usual area and battery life is still very poor.

Any help?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 10:10 AM
    buy a new battery
    09-06-11 01:32 PM
    Battery is only 10mo old and was working fine till Saturday when it seemed to have a charging hiccup..... I have Best Buy/Geek Squad "Black Tie" warranty, so they will replace Battery 1 time for free, but don't want to waste that service if its another issue...

09-06-11 02:01 PM
    I would make sure that the contacts inside the battery housing and on the battery itself are clean. It is possible that the phone/battery got overheated, which might have damaged the battery. I think there's a way to check that but I am not sure how. Do you have insurance through Sprint? If so, you might be able to get them to fix it. Otherwise, the battery's $35-ish, I think, so may be more worth it to get a new battery than to use the service.

The low signal does use up batterly life big time, but if you're not in a bad service area, that shouldn't be a problem. (You might want to check with Sprint, though, to see if they were having any signal issues in your area. It might just be that, too.
    09-06-11 04:56 PM
    Well, this weekend I definitely blamed the poor battery life on lack of decent service, but now that I'm back home and going to work, I'm still having issues with the battery. I have never had issues at work since I work in a major business area, and my signal seems as strong as normal there and at home. I'm afraid whatever caused the glitch this weekend when I had to do battery pull to charge must have damaged something to do with the battery.

09-07-11 05:54 AM
    Try letting the battery completely discharge (phone goes dark with solid red light), then recharge it again. I don't know if that will fix it but they seem to have a mind of their own.

09-12-11 05:41 AM
    Does this phone have battery issues in general? Mine is barely a month old and it overheats, stops charging spontaneously and drains faster than a normal cell phone. Do any of you use hybrid OS? I never used stock on my other berries. I've yet to update the software so I'm wondering if that will help the battery life.

09-18-11 12:50 PM
    Updating the software will help battery life. Also, are you in a poor signal area? I have noticed that when my STyle switches from one type of coverage to another, it does frequently stop charging.
    09-18-11 01:46 PM
    Does this phone have battery issues in general? Mine is barely a month old and it overheats, stops charging spontaneously and drains faster than a normal cell phone. Do any of you use hybrid OS? I never used stock on my other berries. I've yet to update the software so I'm wondering if that will help the battery life.

I'm having this same problem. About every other day, the battery completely discharges-- red outline and everything. This is a brand new battery, only a couple of weeks old.

Don't know what to do.
    09-22-11 10:58 AM
    I noticed when I download "app world" a few updates ago, it didn't install properly, and something was draining my battery like crazy. AUT mem (decent memory app) was showing I was using about 47 megs to 60megs of mem all the time. After updating to the new app world, the problem has resolved itself. I now only use between 26 meg and 35meg of memory for the OS, and the battery last a LONG time. I would maybe get 8hrs with my bluetooth on before, now I go all day.
    09-23-11 05:56 PM
    I was having battery issues with my Style as well and found that after I deleted the apps most likely to be running in the background, my battery usage dropped. Weather apps, news feeds, social media apps, etc. can all run in the background and you won't necessarily know it. My battery was getting hot and running low within a few hours every day. After I got rid of the apps, no overheating and the battery lasts pretty much all day. If you keep the apps, make sure you log off the service completely and not just close the app on the phone, that might help too.
    10-11-11 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD