Hey everybody, I'm new to the BB world and I've been playing around with my calender the last couple of days. After about 2 hours of screwing around and finally figuring out how to turn of the wireless sync setting and also having to uninstall the program. I finally got it synced with my Outlook. I eventually figured out though that it won't sync if you leave the BB software open while you try make a new appointment on outlook and that's why it kept giving me the caution window about the folders. I was pretty happy when I closed it and reopened it and it synced without me having to uninstall the program again. Anyways, the only thing that I can't get to work is, I can't get it to make a noise or notify me when there's an appointment on the calender. I thought that it would beep at you like 15 minutes before or something. I think I set all of the setting right, but does anyone know why it might not be working?

Thanks in advance,
    Brian
    04-05-11 02:33 PM
    Check your sound profile and make sure that calendar alerts aren't set to 'silent'.
    04-05-11 06:50 PM
    That's what I tried and it still doesn't work.
    04-05-11 11:41 PM
    Did you set a reminder time in the appointment on the BlackBerry?
    How do you have the Calendar Alert set in the sound profiles on your BlackBerry?

Not sure what this has to do with Outlook alerts, though. ??
    04-06-11 05:57 AM
    I think I set it but could you maybe walk me through it so I know I for sure did it right?
    04-06-11 09:57 AM
    In the appointment, scroll to "Reminder" and set the time at which you wish to be alerted.

In your ACTIVE PROFILE, scroll to "Reminders", click on it, scroll to "Calender", click on it, set the Ring Tone to the sound you want, set the volume to something other than Silent, set Play Sound to Always, set the LED how you want it, set the Vibration how you want it, press the Menu button and select "Save".
    04-06-11 11:43 AM
    Weird that's what I did and it still didn't work.
    04-06-11 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD