Im thinking about getting the OS 7 , What about you?
    09-06-11 07:02 PM
    You can think about it for as long as you want. No amount of thinking will ever get OS 7 on the Style though.

You'll need to upgrade your phone if you want OS 7...
    09-06-11 09:08 PM
    Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-13-11 12:36 AM
    No, it's not possible at all. The Style doesn't have enough RAM or processor speed to support it. I suspect RIM made sure of that on purpose so that we would be forced to upgrade our handsets if we want OS7.
    What exactly are you basing the spec requirements of OS7 on?
    I'm pretty sure OS7 would run just as well as OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 03:21 AM
    Do a search instead of being argumentative. This has been discussed repeatedly. The Style will never get OS7, period. It doesn't have the RAM or processor to support it.
    I'm not being argumentative. I'm just pointing out that your argument for why the style won't get OS7 has no basis in fact. There is no official spec requirements for OS7.
    The style could run it if RIM chose to release it. RIMs probably not gonna do that, but that doesn't mean the style couldn't run it.

09-13-11 07:20 AM
    That's talking about not having an accelerometer or a magnetrometer my friend. It has nothing to do with ram or processing power.
    Will there be OS7 for 9670? Like I said at the beginning, probably not.
    But is it possible? Yes. RIM could push out a build of OS7 that didn't require an accelerometer and a magnetrometer, just like the storm versions of OS5 don't require you to have a physical keyboard.
    In fact, before RIM changed the name from OS6.1 to OS7, there were versions for the 9650 (which is similar in specs to the 9670) which were assumedly exactly that.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 09-13-11 at 09:44 AM.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    09-13-11 09:06 AM
    Since you keep ignoring my suggestion to do a search, I did it for you:

RIM announces BlackBerry 7 OS with better browser and BlackBerry Balance, but no legacy support -- Engadget

RIM has just noted that there will be "no legacy support" with BB 7, meaning that older devices, even those running version 6 of the OS, won't be getting any (official) updates to the latest stuff. This has been justified by how tightly integrated the software build is with the underlying graphics hardware in the touch-capable Bold handsets. Basically, the old phones won't be able to run the new OS.
    Where in that link does it state the OS6 devices don't have the processor power and ram requirements?

It's not that I'm saying your wrong that the 9670 won't get OS7, I'm pointing out that your "why" is inaccurate. After all, the new Curve line that has OS7 has only 512MB of RAM and Flash, which is the same as the 9670, and with an 800 MHz processor, only has a 22% higher clockspeed than the 9670.
    Last edited by MayorHaji; 09-13-11 at 09:27 AM.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    09-13-11 09:20 AM

RIM announces BlackBerry 7 OS with better browser and BlackBerry Balance, but no legacy support -- Engadget

RIM has just noted that there will be "no legacy support" with BB 7, meaning that older devices, even those running version 6 of the OS, won't be getting any (official) updates to the latest stuff. This has been justified by how tightly integrated the software build is with the underlying graphics hardware in the touch-capable Bold handsets. Basically, the old phones won't be able to run the new OS.
    And the section you chose to post even said no (official) updates. Doesn't mean there won't be some sort of OS7 Lite released for legacy devices.

That said, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. I don't believe it will be released, but I can't say never.
    09-13-11 09:44 AM
    i know this is a little off the topic but do any of you know anything other than the gci 6.0.0.600 that is available for style? ive heard about hybrids but i have never used one is there one out for style perhaps? thx
    09-13-11 06:20 PM
    Lol, the old topic is pretty much finished.
    OSBB 600v6 works on the style, there's a patch for the style within the installer. There's also a patch for it further in the thread. The link is in my sig.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-13-11 06:23 PM
    hi again ok i think im going to give this osbb a try for my style as far as the "patch" goes i have no idea what that is and before i do this i am running 6.0.0.600 right now should i waste my time with this? is there that much of a change? This will be my first time using a hybrid os
    09-18-11 09:07 AM
    Lol, the old topic is pretty much finished.
    OSBB 600v6 works on the style, there's a patch for the style within the installer. There's also a patch for it further in the thread. The link is in my sig.
    is this possible for me to do using the same blackberry as my internet via tether,i guess i am asking will the os update be interupted or hindered because i am using my BB as my internet source?And one more question i would really love to learn as much as i can about Blackberry i am fairly new but i am very excited about this whole new world i have delved into,i need a good teacher so if its ok my pin:32f56572 please add me on bbm i promise i wont bomb you with nagging questions all the time thx! Mike
    09-18-11 09:37 AM
    Given that OS7 does have specific hardware requirements that the the Style 9670 does not meet, wouldn't if be cool if RIM produced an OS7 version of the Style? It has proven to be an interesting niche phone since there are people who really like the form factor (given the slamming the device was getting prior to launch).

An OS7 Style bridged to a Playbook would be an awesome combination. Nice liquid graphics touch screen inside a clamshell that fits easily in a pocket (without **** dialing). When the Style first came out, I realized that if it had a touch screen, I'd prefer it over the Torch 9800. Give this phone a touchscreen, more memory, a new processor, and a liquid graphics screen, and I think it would be awesome.
    Just Me likes this.
    09-20-11 01:15 PM
    I'd rather they just make a QNX version of the Style, actually.
    09-21-11 07:17 PM
    Given that OS7 does have specific hardware requirements that the the Style 9670 does not meet, wouldn't if be cool if RIM produced an OS7 version of the Style? It has proven to be an interesting niche phone since there are people who really like the form factor (given the slamming the device was getting prior to launch).

An OS7 Style bridged to a Playbook would be an awesome combination. Nice liquid graphics touch screen inside a clamshell that fits easily in a pocket (without **** dialing). When the Style first came out, I realized that if it had a touch screen, I'd prefer it over the Torch 9800. Give this phone a touchscreen, more memory, a new processor, and a liquid graphics screen, and I think it would be awesome.
    I saw an article a while back about a proposed Style 2, with a touchscreen interface and much uprated, Bold-level processor specs. However, that was the only thing I've seen, and heard nada since.
    09-21-11 08:19 PM
    I'd rather they just make a QNX version of the Style, actually.
    That would work, too. I do like the Style's form-factor, and i know of a number of people that would love an advanced version.
    09-21-11 08:21 PM
    i also want to buy the style. too bad it wont run os7
    06-02-12 09:43 PM

You should've posted that in the first place nobody needs to search to prove your invalid point.

RIM has choose not to upgrade people the OS is still legacy until BB10 anyway. Just same RIM policies that has gotten them into the hole they're in right now. Corporate greed kills.
    06-08-12 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD