So I moved from an Evo 4G on Sprint over to the 9670 Style. The phone appears to be very glitchy. Example... Random system hangs, trackball slow to repospond, blutooth doesn't turn on unless I restart the phone. Phone signal bounces around from Full EV to no bars randomly.

I like the phone, feels nice in the hand, screen is nice and clear, and the call quality is great. I just want to see if anyone else has these issues and if there is a fix for them other than getting a replacement phone. Heck with the RIM announcement tomorrow on the new phones I may just return it and wait at this point.

Thanks for help in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 09:37 PM
    Are you still on the original OS, or have you alrerady updated it?

07-25-11 10:19 PM
    I'm on 6.0 1609. Doing OTA update says Im up to date. Is there another update somewhere?

Thanks!

07-25-11 10:36 PM
    just traded an evo for the style myself and have no such issues. I did update it right out of the box though. Bridges with the playbook flawlessly too.
    07-25-11 10:36 PM
    just traded an evo for the style myself and have no such issues. I did update it right out of the box though. Bridges with the playbook flawlessly too.
    Wow I guess I'm not the only Evo jumper I also have the playbook which is another reason I jumped to the style. That reminds me that I also get a bluetooth error while surfing the bridge browser on the PlayBook happens quite often. Basically the browser on the PB web won't do anything and when go open the style it comes up with an error box something about bluetooth web app error. Ugh maybe I got a lemon Style, I guess back to the store tomorrow if no fix tonight.

Thanks!

07-25-11 11:03 PM
    Here's my info:

BlackBerry� 9670
    smartphone (CDMA, Wi-Fi)
    6.0 Bundle 1609 (v6.0.0.407, Platform 4.4.0.314)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.6.5
    Branding Version: 1.0.104.540j
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1
    Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
    WLAN Version: 4.2.1.37
    Refurbished: N

07-25-11 11:07 PM
    yea you not on the latest update , 522 is they latest from sprint and 600 for several other carriers is out there that run great ... might try to get it to update 407 was bad glitchy

Here's my info:

BlackBerry� 9670
    smartphone (CDMA, Wi-Fi)
    6.0 Bundle 1609 (v6.0.0.407, Platform 4.4.0.314)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.6.5
    Branding Version: 1.0.104.540j
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1
    Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
    WLAN Version: 4.2.1.37
    Refurbished: N

07-26-11 12:01 AM
    Cool thanks! I'll search for for a OTA link with the 522 update.

yea you not on the latest update , 522 is they latest from sprint and 600 for several other carriers is out there that run great ... might try to get it to update 407 was bad glitchy
    07-26-11 12:13 AM
    mine is a full java 615 with some 7.0.0.xxx flavor for the fun of it ...
    07-26-11 12:15 AM
    mine is a full java 615 with some 7.0.0.xxx flavor for the fun of it ...
    Nice! How's that build working out for you?

07-26-11 01:10 AM
    Sorry, I zonked out shortly after I'd posted, but figured you probably had the older software version. .407 had some squirrelly issues and could be quite a pain. You can download .522 from the Sprint Website>Software downloads, and run a tethered update or prompt for the wireless update a few times in a day. Sometimes it takes a while. It would happen a lot faster to do a tethered update, though.

07-26-11 04:13 AM
    Did the update last night to .522 and it appears to have improved everthing I was having issues with. Phone is much snappier, no more constant hangs, bluetooth turns on when I want it too without a restart. I still need to check the BridgeBrowser connection with the PlayBook to see if that was resolved.

Will OS7 run on the style and will the hardware be fast enough to support it without being too sluggish?

07-26-11 09:50 AM
    What is the best way to get an OS update -- through Sprint or through Desktop Manager?
    08-01-11 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD