Blackberry Style 9670 (v6.0)

Using the default installed calendar, I tried to add an event for Sunday March 13th, 2011. When I go to that date, I can view it in Month view, but then when I click on the day to go into it, it just opens to Saturday March 12th. And then when I swipe to go ahead a day, it just skips right to Monday March 14th. It's like my phone is oblivious to March 13th altogether, besides that it shows it in the calendar month view.

Anyone else have this issue? Not sure if other days are like this, and not really prepared to scan through every day in the calendar to check, it's just crazy coincidence that I needed to use March 13th and it doesn't exist, on my phone anyway.

It's pretty annoying... and weird, that my March 13th event and reminder shows up under March 12th.

All suggestions, hints, and help greatly appreciated.
    01-15-11 02:09 AM
    Not sure what is going on, but I can get to March 13 without a problem on my phone, so it isn't an issue that is on every phone.
    01-15-11 10:14 AM
    Did a test and mine worked fine too. There is an issue with scheduling all day events, like a birthday, where it will show up in your calendar as taking up two days. Only solution for that one was to manually assign a time to it. Don't know if this is related to your problem or not. Hope you get it worked out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 10:18 AM
    Ok, so I deleted my All Day Event that I had set for March 13th (but was showing up as March 12th) and set a test appointment named "Saturday" for one hour on the 12th, and made another test appt named "Sunday" for the same one hour period on the 13th, and when I flip through the days I get the following in this order;
    Friday the 11th,
    Saturday the 12th (showing my "Saturday" appt),
    Saturday the 12th (showing my "Sunday" appt),
    Monday the 14th

Could it be a glitch in the software? Is there a reinstall/repair for the calendar?
    01-15-11 12:55 PM
    Wow, you got me. Did you reboot your phone after the delete? If not, think I'd delete all the test stuff you put in, reboot your phone and try again. If that doesn't work, hope somebody way smarter than me has an answer cuz this is a new one to me. Good luck!

01-15-11 02:13 PM
    Ok, I tried deleting the appointments, restarting, etc etc, and still have the same issue, although, now. upon further troubleshooting, I have discovered a trend....

The issue only seems to surround the 2nd Sunday in March, as far as I can tell right now.
    - 2009 and previous seem fine
    - 2010 is not, has issue with Sunday, March 14, 2010
    - 2011 is not, has issue with Sunday, March 13, 2011
    - 2012 is not, has issue with Sunday, March 11, 2012
    - 2013 is not, has issue with Sunday, March 10, 2013
    - 2014 is not, has issue with Sunday, March 9, 2014

I have done random and continuous random date checks to see if I could find any similar date issues, and so far I am unsuccessful, so as of right now, it is just a "2nd Sunday in March, from 2010 on" issue.

This is quite puzzling, and I am starting to think there is something "supernatural" going on here. LOL
    01-15-11 10:46 PM
    Do a hard reset.
    01-16-11 02:44 AM
    Which OS are you using type m y v e r without the spaces and hit spacebar then post that here should look something like this 9670/6.0.0.407

01-16-11 03:12 AM
    9670/6.0.0.286

And I have done every kind of reset possible. It's just plain weird.

01-16-11 12:45 PM
    Yeah you are running the old very Buggy OS you need to update your BlackBerry OS. Its best to use desktop manager. Or you can update Wirelessly ota by going to software updates in your options. If you update wirelessly make sure your battery is full prior to starting the update and keep your device on the charger just to be on the safe side. If you have a computer with internet access the safest quickest best way to do the update is desktop manager.

01-16-11 01:56 PM
    Oh wait looks like your on bell or telus not Sprint so there is not an official update for your carrier but you can still download and install the Sprint update and it is so much better. Instructions on how to do so can be found throughout these forums. Or you can add pin:3278ACF1 and I will walk you through

Christa79 likes this.
    01-16-11 01:58 PM
    Yeah, no update with Bell yet, already previously tried. So installing the sprint update won't effect anything?

01-16-11 02:11 PM
    <crossing fingers>

done a back-up, and currently updating OS, I hope everything works ok....
    01-16-11 03:22 PM
    ver: 9670/6.0.0.407

Calendar issue still exists though, what happens is that when I scroll through the days in order, I get:

Friday, March 11, 2011
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 (showing my "Saturday" appointments),
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 (showing my "Sunday" appointments),
    Monday, March 14, 2011

The text at the top of the screen displays the previous day, but alarms and appointments for that day are correct, on Saturday and Sunday.

Not sure if when I restored settings if that restored whatever might be causing this issue.. or if it is something different altogether.

Weird.

But at least my OS is updated now.
    01-16-11 04:28 PM
    ver: 9670/6.0.0.407

Calendar issue still exists though, what happens is that when I scroll through the days in order, I get:

Friday, March 11, 2011
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 (showing my "Saturday" appointments),
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 (showing my "Sunday" appointments),
    Monday, March 14, 2011

The text at the top of the screen displays the previous day, but alarms and appointments for that day are correct, on Saturday and Sunday.

Not sure if when I restored settings if that restored whatever might be causing this issue.. or if it is something different altogether.

Weird.

But at least my OS is updated now.
    Very bizarre. I wouldn't have restored the settings though...at least not initially. I would have recommended checking the calendar and then doing the restore. That (likely) would have told you right away if the problem was in your phone or in your appointments.
    01-16-11 05:22 PM
    After the OS update, it restored the settings automatically. Didn't think about it previously to have it not do a restore.
    Last edited by Christa79; 01-16-11 at 06:55 PM.
    01-16-11 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD