I just got the phone today, extremely happy to get my first smartphone...

Throughout the day, i noticed that sometimes the cursor would drift to the left and sometimes top-left. After rebooting and removing the battery multiple times, it has not gone away. I'm going to go to a sprint store tomorrow, but has anyone else had this problem? Should i expect to be phoneless for 2 weeks as i wait for a crappy refurbished Style that will probably be purple even though i bought black?
    02-09-11 08:46 PM
    You might have a bad trackpad. Since you just bought it today, you might be able top get it replaced with a new phone. Before you take it back, though, you might want to try updating the OS. This *might* fix the problem. Otherwise I would go back to the store. They should not give you a refurb replacement on a day-old phone.
    02-10-11 01:39 AM
    If you are in your first 30 days they have to give you a brand new phone (I had mine replaced after 3 weeks and got a new one). They might try to sucker you into a refurb later, but if you're in the 30 days you can just return it and wipe your hands clean (buy a different phone or cancel the contract altogther), so there really is no reason to accept a refurb. I also would try updating the software, but I wouldn't spend too much time trouble shooting since a new phone is more than likely needed if the update doesn't help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 10:02 AM
    My 1st Sty;e had a tilted trackpad that made it almost impossible to swipe it. Ordered a replacement and that trackpad wouldn't respond at all. 3rd Style is perfect! Sometimes you just get a bad batch
    02-10-11 01:26 PM
    Yeah they replaced it no problem and the new one seems fine so far. Thanks!
    02-10-11 10:35 PM
    i had this issue with my original Torch. it randomly started happening out of nowhere. it was bad enough that the trackpad would totally scroll up to the top of the screen rendering the phone useless. the replacement they sent me did the same but nowhere near as bad. i finally got another one which was fine.

just get a replacement device from the carrier. its becoming a more frequent occurrance lately.
    02-16-11 04:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD