Hello,
    I have created several folders and organized all of my apps in them, but 2 days ago the folders started to get messed up on reboot. Basically, it seems like certain apps (it appears that this affects apps that are placed in folders by default, such as media, applications, and instant messenger) get moved out of the folders and onto the home screen, and the folders themselves (like Music, Pictures, and Videos � the original Media folders) start to look very strange and lose their default icon. Also, the Search-Legacy icon is created and put onto the home screen.

The image below shows the extra search (Search-legacy) icon and the media folders with blank icons (3rd row down).

All of the apps on this screen should be contained in one of the folders. The music, pictures, and videos should be in the Media folder by default. The applications should be in the Applications folder by default. This happens in any theme besides the default Sprint theme after a reboot. And this only started happening out of nowhere 2 days ago � I used to be able to use the themes without issues in the past.

Any idea what could be causing this? I have 152MB of free application space, if it might matter for this issue.
    09-04-11 11:48 AM
    I've had this happen with some themes, not with others. It's definitely a themes issue, but I couldn't tell you what it is. I usually just re-organize and hide the extra stuff.
    09-04-11 08:42 PM
    Hmmm... Thanks for the info!
    See, what threw me off was that I was using these very themes earlier without any issues! How strange... I did download a theme that didn't work for me recently, but I have since uninstalled it - didn't fix the issue though. Now I wonder if some weird cache or file needs to be cleared out for things to return to normal. I really hope that I don't have to give up using themes altogether because of this issue!!
    09-05-11 10:38 AM
    Switch back to the standard theme and do a re-boot. Re-organize. You may have to delete that extra weird folder using your desktop. Anyway, then switch back to your desired theme. This should at least temporarily fix things. It is a recurring but not consistent bug, as far as I can tell.
    09-05-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD