Hello all,

I am debating on whether to get the Style or the Bold 9650 as my next phone. Coming from an 8530 (had 2 previous curves and a pearl).

Any thoughts?

My curve is working fine, just want the new OS6. Or should I wait for a newer BB to hit Sprint?
    02-28-11 10:59 PM
    There are newer BB's hitting Sprint later this year. They are going to focus on touchscreen, so if you would prefer that, I would wait.
    03-01-11 12:47 AM
    Ifyou can wait till later this year then wait. if not i say either, style or Bold.. Style has a slightly better camera, but overall the specs are the same except the Bold is a world phone. coming from a bold and now style i will say i like the style better. Bigger keyboard bigger screen, and IMO better reception. So it really comes down to form factor you like flip phone the style will be the best phone out there, if not flips then bold is your answer.
    03-01-11 02:25 AM
    I'd have to agree with the previous posters,if you want to upgrade now go with the Style. If you can wait until summer the Montana should be rolling out by then.Check out the Upcoming Blackberrys Forum for the Dakota/Montana info.
    03-01-11 10:25 AM
    Well I just came from a Curve 8530 a few months ago and I gotta say - At times I REALLY miss my old Curve - The Style is a really very great phone - And as a former flip phone hater, I gotta say, it really has it's benefits as a BB and I've grown to like it - But no matter which BB you choose to switch to, check and see if you favorite or can't live without apps are available for it yet - And the OS 6 is awesome but still has it's flaws - So my advice is to not jump too soon for the OS 6, esp if your Curve is workng fine - Not too sure about the Bold, but you will find yourself very limited and missing a lot of apps with the Style depending on your needs - So seriously check that out before you decide - If I would have known that a few of my CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT (ok I'm still alive, but you know what I mean) apps or even ones like them are not available for this phone yet or ones like them that are super costly, I would not have let go of my trusty old Curve when I did - And the OS 6 is part of my problem which I was very excited about too (But once I had it I found there are faults and benifits like the OS 5, at this point in time they have equal standing IMO) - So my opinion is to do your homework and be sure you wanna give up something that is still working for you now for something that may or may not fully suit your needs at this time - Ultimately I say wait - For example I've been searching for a music subscription service (Rhapsody, Rdio, Thumbplay, etc ANYTHING other than radio apps) that will work for my phone and I got an email this morning that a new Napster app (beta) is now available for Blackberry, but to my extreme dismay only for OS 5 - You've still got the world at your fingertips with your Curve with the not so fancy OS 5 - I'm actually a bit jealous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD