BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3049 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 6.0.0.3049
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.706
    Software Platform: 4.4.0.560
    File name: 9670AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel3049_PL4.4.0.560_A6.0.0.706_S print_L.P.exe
    File size: 160.85MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

from BlackBerry: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...485CD00013B631

http://rroyy.com
    mkoso likes this.
    11-28-11 03:28 PM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    11-29-11 12:18 PM
    FlieSonic Mirror for faster download: LINK
    11-29-11 01:06 PM
    Any idea what the changes are?
    11-29-11 05:38 PM
    Other than txt messages extending beyond the previous cut off, the main things I've noticed are that I get the "spinning clock" a LOT less. Over all faster experience, and the connection menu when you click on the time from the main screen, (dashboard if you will), has been revamped a little. Overall an appreciated update. This we needed for those of us still running the Style
    craftedd likes this.
    11-30-11 11:22 AM
    Ok after posting my 1st comment, I immediately got 30 seconds of the spinning clock.
    11-30-11 11:25 AM
    The 7 sequential text isn't new....how's battery life? Is the radio stable? Did you shrink?
    11-30-11 11:32 AM
    The 7 sequential text isn't new....how's battery life? Is the radio stable? Did you shrink?
    7 sequential tests is new to Sprint BlackBerrys. Previous .522 doesn't have it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-11 12:25 PM
    As stated by another poster, it's new to Sprint. After almost a full day running the update now it seems more stable than the previous version and battery life is a little better if anything but at worst I would say no worse. I have never made it through a day with the Style, but now I might, barely. Radio seems better, holds onto signal a bit stronger and data seems to be more consistant over network and WIFI.
    11-30-11 01:38 PM
    It might be new to sprint's official for the style, but the sprint curve and bold have had it for awhile....and other officials for the style have had it for awhile too, I wouldn't consider it a awesome new feature if it's been available for 6 months or more! Thanks for the update on the radio and battery life, though!
    11-30-11 11:51 PM
    Well I've been running the last update for a while now and one of the main differences that I have continued to notice is less "spinning clock" while using the web browser and overall faster performance in the browser. Before when attempting to load a full website, there was no point in trying because the hourglassing was horrible. Now it's only occasional and loads faster as well.
    craftedd likes this.
    12-08-11 09:40 AM
    After the update I cant get my email to work. Internet mail account with web based accounts not bes. After entering password I get this message, Sorry, unable to continue your session. Please login again. It happens on both work and home accounts. I tried a battery pull twice. Thanks in advance
    12-09-11 06:54 PM
    I just got a notification about this on my Style directly. Is there a reason to download this to the computer instead of on the blackberry itself? Thanks!
    12-11-11 01:22 PM
    I've always done mine OTA on my Style as well as my previous 8330. Some people want to shrink the OS & also non-Sprint peeps might want to remove the vendor files & download it. I've never had a problem - the choice is yours.
    lcchick likes this.
    12-11-11 05:58 PM
    I am having the same problem as racemanfl. I use my Yahoo address as the main email account on the phone. My only choice after selecting "Internet Account" in setup is to enter my Yahoo password. Then I get the "Sorry, unable to..." message. I upgraded over the phone. Anyone else solve this problem? Thanks.
    12-11-11 10:21 PM
    I am having the same problem as racemanfl. I use my Yahoo address as the main email account on the phone. My only choice after selecting "Internet Account" in setup is to enter my Yahoo password. Then I get the "Sorry, unable to..." message. I upgraded over the phone. Anyone else solve this problem? Thanks.

If you can get into the email settings on your phone, try the "send service books" option.

Other option is to go to your account on sprint.blackberry.com and delete/re-create the account. I have had to do this a couple of times with my Gmail account to get the calendar to start syncing again.
    12-12-11 07:44 AM
    I installed the newest version and it seems to be working fine, email and everything else works. BUT, when I do a hard reset, I get an Uncaught Exception Error. I clear it and everything seems to be fine but this happens each time I do a reset. Is there a way to fix that without having to reinstall everything again?
    12-12-11 12:10 PM
    Heres a write up I found that worked for me, Dont forget to thank klliopatra he wrote this in the BB style forum and it worked for me

Hello everyone,

I was grappling with this same email issue after upgrading to email setup application 6.11.0419.0755. Here's what worked for me.

Note: This only works AFTER you already have installed 6.11.0419.0755

1. On your BB browser, go to http://www.blackberry.com/integrate
    2. Click on "Launch Email Setup"
    3. You may get a message saying that it recognizes that you are on a new BB and asking you if you want to move your email accounts over
    4. Say yes and enter your password for each of your email accounts
    5. Now each of your email accounts should appear as an icon on the home screen
    6. You may need to re-enter your password locally before you will start receiving emails. Click on the icon for your particular email account (not the "Messages" icon, but the icon that has your email address under it) and then open the menu and go to Options.
    7. Go to Email Account Management.
    8. Click on your email address in the list and click "Edit" from the popup menu.
    9. Under "Login Information" (scroll down to see it), if the password space is blank then enter your password again there.
    10. Then click save.
    11. You should start receiving emails within a few minutes.

I think that this solution worked (for me, at least) because I think that installing the new email setup application upgrade makes the BB servers think you bought a new Blackberry. This might be why you can't directly use the Email Setup Application, because it thinks that an impostor is trying to setup your email address. The steps above are a way for the BB servers to "move" your email account to your "new" BB, even though your BB isn't new.

Also, one more tip. For Microsoft Exchange email, this process may create a duplicate email address. Thus, you will be receiving the same emails under both the "Desktop" icon and under an icon that has the name of your email address. After you go through this whole process, send a few test messages to your Exchange email. If you did this correctly, then you should be receiving duplicate emails under Desktop and under the icon with your email address. After you have checked that you are successfully receiving emails in both places, then you can delete the icon with your email address (Setup -> Email Accounts -> Internet Email Accounts (do not delete it under Exchange Accounts) -> Delete your exchange email address from the list of internet email addresses, e.g. gmail, yahoo, etc.). After doing this, the Desktop icon should continue to function and receive emails properly.

I hope this is helpful. I nearly threw my BB out the window because of my frustration with this issue. Happy Holidays!
    Last edited by racemanfl; 12-13-11 at 04:40 AM.
    Judd.Sampson likes this.
    12-13-11 04:37 AM
    Good god, that appears to have worked. Thank you!!
    12-15-11 10:22 PM
    After the update I cant get my email to work. Internet mail account with web based accounts not bes. After entering password I get this message, Sorry, unable to continue your session. Please login again. It happens on both work and home accounts. I tried a battery pull twice. Thanks in advance
    I have the exact same issue. I have also tried restoring email settings via total protection app. Still no joy. Help out there??
    12-17-11 04:19 PM
    If you have sprint, go on Sprint.blackberry.com from desktop computer and sign in and change your device to the new PIN. And then go to help and resend the service books.

Other carriers have a similar webpage.

I have the exact same issue. I have also tried restoring email settings via total protection app. Still no joy. Help out there??
    Last edited by estroh; 12-17-11 at 06:02 PM.
    12-17-11 04:57 PM
    This worked on yesterday's BB OS 6 update as well. Thank you. I was almost ready to throw out my Style as well.
    12-17-11 05:05 PM
    This was a bad OS upgrade. Lost app. data, loss of functions & menu options. Finally "fixed" things by downgrading to the previous OS version. Not everything is back to where they were before this disastrous upgrade but my goal now is to keep the phone running till my contract is up, in 6 months.
    12-18-11 11:00 AM
    weird i love this upgrade
    rbrooks86 likes this.
    12-18-11 11:19 AM
    Yeah, works fine here too. I guess some people had a bad flash.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    12-19-11 10:37 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD