My upgrade date came up at the beginning of the month and I have gone back and forth between just sticking it out with my Curve 8330, going to the Style, or waiting for the new rumored devices later in the year. The more I read about the Style on this forum and in reviews on the Sprint site, the more I feel like that would be the best path for me to take, it seems like a downright awesome device.

My question is this: did anyone have trouble getting used to the keypad on the Style after switching from a keypad like the 8330 with more domed keys? I stopped in at Best Buy one day to handle the phone, and that was the only thing that seemed like it could be an issue, was the flatness of the keypad on the Style. I'm sure I would get used to it in time, but I'm curious what some current users have to say about the transition.
    04-20-11 01:16 PM
    I came too the Style from an 8330. I am a thumb typer and keep those nails a little long. I've had no problems.
    04-20-11 05:19 PM
    I too came from the 8330 and had no issues with the keys. Too be honest though, I had the 9800 from my stint in CrackBerry Idol and tested the keys out on that before going to the 9670. I love my 9670 and have no qualms recommending it to others. It's a fantastic device.

On a side note, I do want to test out the newer rumored devices though. That touch Curve looks interesting.
    04-20-11 10:19 PM
    I ALSO came from an 8330, and though I like the keys more from the 8330, I LOVE how quiet these keys are. You will get used to it after a bit!
    04-21-11 12:40 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I decided to get one last night and so far I'm loving it. I've managed to wear down the battery pretty quick in my first day, but otherwise, it's great. The only issues I'm having with the keypad have been hitting multiple buttons when trying to hit spacebar and enter, but that will get worked out in time. I'm excited about this one, I think it's great.
    04-21-11 02:45 PM
    I had an 8330 back in the day and I sometimes miss that keyboard. I just wasn't willing to use a lesser quaility device to keep that keyboard haha. I had a Tour before the Style and that may have eased me into this type of keyboard. The Style didn't take much getting used to. I also had a Palm Pre and got used to keeping the nail on the inside corner of my thumbs a little longer. I find that they can be shorter using the Style opposed to the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 04:53 PM
    Went 8330 to Tour, had a bit of an issue at first, the keys just felt different and the case I had interfered with the edge keys. After I ditched the cheap acylic, I picked up speed quickly. But going from Tour to Style was a dream. Very quiet and smooth keyboard, and has bexome one of my favorites. My wife had a Pearl, I had the 8330, and the clickng uses to drive her nuts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD