I went on vacay and put my mail on hold just so my precious charging cradle wouldn't be left out on my doorstep lol. Hopefully it will come with my stack of mail tomorrow.
    Think your gonna like it

Hope you enjoyed your vaca!
    Last edited by Dragon919; 01-18-11 at 10:18 PM.
    01-18-11 10:14 PM
    Ordered 2 from newegg... $12.99 each. Free shipping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 06:44 AM
    Ordered 2 from newegg... $12.99 each. Free shipping.

That was quick...Newegg is already "out of stock"...always a "day late" it seems,lol

BTW...are these sold with a power cord, or the cradle only and you use your existing cord?
    01-30-11 09:02 AM
    That was quick...Newegg is already "out of stock"...always a "day late" it seems,lol

BTW...are these sold with a power cord, or the cradle only and you use your existing cord?
    Cradle only, you use your existing cord.
    01-30-11 09:46 AM
    I heard that 10 dollar fee is going to be universal charge on all phones 3g and 4g starting this summer... I hope not I will be seriously upset and might have to switch to att
    01-30-11 06:09 PM
    I heard that 10 dollar fee is going to be universal charge on all phones 3g and 4g starting this summer... I hope not I will be seriously upset and might have to switch to att
    And pay more?
    01-30-11 07:11 PM
    The $10 fee is only if you sign a new contract or swap ESN's. It looks like ill be testing the long term durability of the Style as I just upgraded my line and added a Style for the Mrs. Sprint is still cheaper than others, but $20/mo is better kept in my pocket!

01-30-11 07:13 PM
    I got my charging pod from Amazon for $17 total. Got it a few days ago and I'm happy to not have to dig around for the USB cable anymore, not to mention no more having to fumble to insert it in the phone the right way! One thing that is kind of annoying about the charge pod for the Style is that its more narrow than other BB charge pods, and the opening isn't very deep... It seems that only the bottom of the phone rests in the pod fully, the bottom of the flip portion doesn't go in all the way. The pod must be placed on a table that won't get bumped (I have large dogs) or the phone might easily tip over and fall out of the pod or lose contact and not charge. Just a minor gripe, I'm still happier with the pod than without!

01-30-11 07:22 PM
    I got my charging pod from Amazon for $17 total. Got it a few days ago and I'm happy to not have to dig around for the USB cable anymore, not to mention no more having to fumble to insert it in the phone the right way! One thing that is kind of annoying about the charge pod for the Style is that its more narrow than other BB charge pods, and the opening isn't very deep... It seems that only the bottom of the phone rests in the pod fully, the bottom of the flip portion doesn't go in all the way. The pod must be placed on a table that won't get bumped (I have large dogs) or the phone might easily tip over and fall out of the pod or lose contact and not charge. Just a minor gripe, I'm still happier with the pod than without!

I do know that the reason the pod isn't that deep is because they designed it so you could flip the phone in the pod open. But yea so even with the extra 20 bucks is sprint still cheaper than att?

01-31-11 11:34 PM
    I do know that the reason the pod isn't that deep is because they designed it so you could flip the phone in the pod open. But yea so even with the extra 20 bucks is sprint still cheaper than att?

I originally thought the pod may not have been so deep for the exact reason that you said, and I tried to open it while in the pod and it didn't work. You still have to lift the phone up out of the pod to open it, there isn't enough room (not to mention that the phone is at a weird angle if opened in the pod and I don't think it would be of much use this way). As for Sprint being cheaper than AT&T, even if you were to go with AT&T's lower minute plan, by the time you add in the texts and data and gps, they're more expensive. Sprint is also a lot more relaxed with their discounts... For example, I get 25% off my bill for an employee discount... My total for 2 BB Styles is $105 after tax. This technically shares 1500 mins, but when you factor in the 6-7 pm starting for night mins and free calls to ALL cell phones regardless of carrier, Sprint is still a much better deal (I'm not currently paying the extra $10/mo "tax"). They seem to give an employee discount for almost any company while the other carriers offer lesser discounts and not to nearly as many people.

02-01-11 04:04 AM
    So I want to get 2 of these, one for the desk one for the night stand, but have any of you run across any cheap power cords? Id like to have an extra one of those as well so I dont have to keep transferring the cord back and forth?
    02-04-11 03:39 PM
    So I want to get 2 of these, one for the desk one for the night stand, but have any of you run across any cheap power cords? Id like to have an extra one of those as well so I dont have to keep transferring the cord back and forth?
    I have seen the new smaller OEM charger and USB cable on Amazon for about $10 including shipping. I'm sure you can find other OEM BB chargers that will work for less $$ but for $10, I personally would just buy the one that came with the phone. I doubt there are any differences between the last generation of chargers (RIM appears to have moved to this new charger to save from having to include a charger and a separate USB cable to lower their costs) but for a few dollars better safe than sorry.
    02-04-11 03:52 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD