I'd like to buy the javatek ringtone creator however I don't want to put my pay pal or credit card info out through the phone. Can I buy this app on my desk top then make ringtone there and load them on the mini SD card for the phone or can this app only be used on the phone?
    02-25-11 07:37 AM
    Look up audacity.
    I use it.
    You will have to download lame.ddl later but its really easy
    dunkinidaho likes this.
    02-25-11 07:45 AM
    I appreciate the response. I'm an "older person" who didn't grow up with this technology. I got audacity and what I see is a sound board. The complaint I have with software is that we are supposed to "just know" how it works. What I really need is a 12 yr old grandchild to take care of this for me. Too bad I'm in Florida and they're all in Mich.

I'll try to fumble my way through it and see what happens.

Thanks!!
    02-25-11 09:46 AM
    I appreciate the response. I'm an "older person" who didn't grow up with this technology. I got audacity and what I see is a sound board. The complaint I have with software is that we are supposed to "just know" how it works. What I really need is a 12 yr old grandchild to take care of this for me. Too bad I'm in Florida and they're all in Mich.

I'll try to fumble my way through it and see what happens.

Thanks!!
    Woah I'm late in replying.
    However, if you really want a ringtone I can create one for you.
    Just send me the MP3 and I'll splice it for the Ringtone.
    02-28-11 08:07 AM
    I just put MP3s onto my SD card in a folder called "ringtones" and don't even bother with splicing them or shrinking them. It used to be phones couldn't handle loading up a file that was too large when a call was coming in, but that isn't the case now.
    02-28-11 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD