I have downloaded 2 different themes onto my Style (Red & Plazmic) I can see they are on my phone through the desk top manager. Can't seem to make them active. When I go to display, then themes, it just takes me to the wallpaper change area. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    01-30-11 06:58 AM
    I am having the same problem! In the themes section someone has said that the OS6 themes for other devices should work on the Style and even said a friend of the poster was using one. I downloaded the theme and see it under my applications but it doesn't show up in the themes to be able to change it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 08:24 AM
    If the theme shows up under Applications but not under themes, then it is not compatible with your device OS version or device model number. Or both.
    01-30-11 08:42 AM
    I am having the same problem! In the themes section someone has said that the OS6 themes for other devices should work on the Style and even said a friend of the poster was using one. I downloaded the theme and see it under my applications but it doesn't show up in the themes to be able to change it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm having the exact problem. I've downloaded some themes, show up in apps, but don't show up under themes settings, even after going to the themes, allowing full access to the themes, and rebooting. I also saw that thread elsewhere where one person reported that they were using other os6 themes since they were compatible, and tried them and am having the same problems. What makes it worse is that I also paid for a couple of themes that claimed to be compatible with the 9670 and weren't. Argh. It appears that some theme developers have updated their themes to os6, and just posted "os 6 compatible" or "now for os6" and forgot that they don't work with the Style. Some have even specified "9670 Style compatibility" when they're not. I have found a couple of of themes from Berry Good Themes (purchased here) that claim 9670 compatibility, and that have actually worked. I bought 2 from Red Open Media that claimed to be compatible with the Style but are not, so you guys may want to avoid those.
    01-30-11 10:13 AM
    Just made this up after playing around 5 hours with the new theme maker. I've never programmed anything of any kind, so please be gentle.

#screenmuncher on Twitpic

Everything seems to be working OK on it; I was gonna offer to share it here for anyone that may want it, but when I went to "export" the theme, it created around 8 .cod files and 1 .jad files that I don't know what to do with. Does anyone have any suggestions???
    Last edited by EliasZuniga; 01-30-11 at 04:11 PM.
    01-30-11 04:06 PM
    Just made this up after playing around 5 hours with the new theme maker. I've never programmed anything of any kind, so please be gentle.

#screenmuncher on Twitpic

Everything seems to be working OK on it; I was gonna offer to share it here for anyone that may want it, but when I went to "export" the theme, it created around 8 .cod files and 1 .jad files that I don't know what to do with. Does anyone have any suggestions???
    Looks promising!
    01-30-11 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD