I have been on virgin Mobile since this past November, but I had to downgrade to the curve 8530. Camera sucks. I really miss the flip form and the auto focus camera that took awesome pictures. I dunno. Doesn't seem like I would be able to have someone flash it to boost or other no contract company. I like paying the lower no contract monthly price of $45, but I get a lower grade bb.
    Thoughts?
    05-24-12 02:16 AM
    P.s. I get an 18% discount on sprint because I work at starbucks. Gah!
    05-24-12 02:18 AM
    I think boost mobile has the Style as one of their phones,maybe that would be just as inexpensive?
    05-24-12 07:58 PM
    I think boost mobile has the Style as one of their phones,maybe that would be just as inexpensive?
    I wonder if I could flash my sprint style to boost? Would save me alot of money.
    05-25-12 12:34 AM
    Flash it to PagePlus via "The Remote Squad". Page plus runs on Verizon lines. Awesome and cheap plans. They can't be beat.
    06-10-12 08:50 AM
    Think Boost EOL-ed the Style as well.
    Although I love the Style, I don't find it a "long term" device. I got my first one in March of 2010. This past November, I had to replace it with another. 2weeks ago, I had to replace the replacement with the original until I get a new bb. It's better than the Pearl Flip, but I still count RIM 0-2 with flips.
    06-10-12 01:13 PM
    Do they have Blackberries on their site?

Flash it to PagePlus via "The Remote Squad". Page plus runs on Verizon lines. Awesome and cheap plans. They can't be beat.
    06-10-12 04:57 PM
    Do they have Blackberries on their site?
    The Remote Squad has it in their site. Also go to "Kitty Wireless.com" that is a reseller of Page Plus stuff. They have loads of information as well a a large foram area. Blackberries are alowed but not supported on Page Plus. Page Plus will not flash your device but again, The Remote Squad will. I just had my bb9670 (Sprint's) flashed to Page Plus today and have all functionality such as voice, text, data. I have not tested all features but my BB9670 runs great on Page Plus .
    06-10-12 06:30 PM
    If you have a "flashtotalk.coml dealer nearby they can flash your Style from Sprint to Boost I just had it done and my style works great. There is also a post on "Howardforums".com that tells you how to switch without flashing your BB. Good luck.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    06-11-12 12:40 PM
    Wow, I'm surprised. I wonder how they get BIS working for Blackberry Services since that needs to be active?

If you have a "flashtotalk.coml dealer nearby they can flash your Style from Sprint to Boost I just had it done and my style works great. There is also a post on "Howardforums".com that tells you how to switch without flashing your BB. Good luck.

06-11-12 06:04 PM
    No BIS on Page Plus. I don't need BIS. I can do everything I want without BIS. And that also means cruise the web as well as email (via Logic Mail-free).
    06-12-12 11:54 AM
    I miss my Style too! Mine started to re-booting itself several times a day & I had to give it up. I've tried os wipe, gone to talk to Telus rep. but none of them could help me Since My boss was upgrading his Torch9800 to iPhone, I asked him " can I have your old BB?'' Now here I am, holding used but perfectly fine Torch9800 It is way faster than Style & touch screen is nice... but Style had nicer keyboard & at least for me it was easier to use. I wish RIM will make BB10 Style
    09-28-12 01:38 AM
    I actually did the opposite as you, I went from a 9800 Torch to a Style. I thought I'd miss the touchscreen but I'm such a heavy trackpad user that I honestly don't miss it much. I do find the Style being a bit more laggy than the Torch but the keyboard is hands-down better on the Style as well as having the BB buttons above the keyboard. Just my $.02 worth.
    11-06-12 06:41 PM
    I miss my style too it quit charging because of a bad USB port . Does any one know if this can be fixed at the store or has to be sent in?
    11-07-12 07:40 PM
    I miss my style too it quit charging because of a bad USB port . Does any one know if this can be fixed at the store or has to be sent in?
    Get a charging pod, accessories for eol-phones are dirt cheap.
    11-20-12 10:44 AM
    i am going to keep my 9670 until i can get my hands on a bb10 device. That said im sure i will miss it later, very durable phone that never got slower on me over the 2.5 years i have used it so far.

On a side note:
    A few weeks ago a friend at work tried to make fun of me for still using this "old" phone telling me his iphone could do anything that mine could do 4x as good. I took that as a challenge and said alright and threw my phone about 10 feet onto the concrete floor, still worked fine not even a scratch. When i told him it was his turn he got all pouty and walked away
    phuoc, grover5, kazakoshi and 1 others like this.
    01-13-13 03:02 AM
    i am going to keep my 9670 until i can get my hands on a bb10 device. That said im sure i will miss it later, very durable phone that never got slower on me over the 2.5 years i have used it so far.

On a side note:
    A few weeks ago a friend at work tried to make fun of me for still using this "old" phone telling me his iphone could do anything that mine could do 4x as good. I took that as a challenge and said alright and threw my phone about 10 feet onto the concrete floor, still worked fine not even a scratch. When i told him it was his turn he got all pouty and walked away
    Likewise, except it was my sister-in-law. The style for personal calls and the new BB10 for business.
    01-14-13 09:46 PM
    missed my style so bought one on E bay for 25 bucks and lovin it. mostly use phone for texting and calls this phone is perfect for me. carry around my playbook for most internet use.

02-19-14 09:59 PM
    Wow I just did the exact same thing! I have a note 2 and got sick of the touchscreen keyboard and candy bar shape. The screen is constantly turning on and things like that. I won a style for $20 a few weeks ago, can't put it down, the keyboard is something I truly missed and it's so nice and compact. I really wish blackberry would do an updated version but I don't think they will be taking any risks with any form factors that aren't popular right now
    02-22-14 08:18 PM
    I miss my Style too! Mine started to re-booting itself several times a day & I had to give it up. I've tried os wipe, gone to talk to Telus rep. but none of them could help me
    Sounds like a bad battery. Over time they will not only lose capacity, but can develop internal shorts that kill the phone when the battery heats up.
    02-23-14 07:48 AM
    Such a great phone and I still miss mine, too. I don't think they made one for Verizon but I would love to have one if they did! Yes, I like buttons and flip phones. Surely, they'll make a comeback :P
    03-10-14 09:59 AM
    Verizon didn't have it. It was only sprint in the US. They had the one in black and one in purple.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-13-14 03:51 AM
    just wanted to say not sorry at all for reactivating my style.I have been spending a lot of time getting used to this operating system and loving it more every day. my android phone was a better toy but this blackberry is a far better tool. Come on bb I want a bb10 flip phone. Ill probably buy the Q20 when it comes out to replace my playbook but this will be my main tool for calls,e-mail and txts.

03-16-14 09:29 AM
    that's exactly where I'm at too. my Note 2 has become more of a tablet for surfing and quick games, but my style is all business

03-16-14 04:08 PM
    Folks,

I had a Blackberry 9670 that was originally from Alltel that had been flashed to PagePlus (It worked on Verizon's network). I used the phone for about 6 months before moving to a 9900 on AT&T. The weird thing about that 9670 is that it worked on Verizon's extended network (West Virginia) and it also roamed on the Sprint network without roaming costs. Data was always flaky on it as I was using the anworm service books. I really like the flip style phones. The Blackberry 9670 was perfect for me in that it had a keyboard and was a flip phone.

Fort
    03-24-14 05:47 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD