I've only been using BB since September 2010. I LOVE my Curve 8530, but my only complaint is the web browsing is SO SLOW.

On the other hand, I have very bad eyesight due to an eye dysfunction that is only slightly helped by my glasses. Therefore, I need to display web pages in fairly large size type. The curve actually renders the pages beautifully for me, it just TAKES SO LONG! (slighly better with the bolt broweser, but that browser is SO temperamental).

When I went into the Sprint Store it appeared that the Style was incapable of adjusting the large font view so that the entire page could be seen on the screen without scrolling left to right. Is that correct? Are there no work-arounds?

I would love to go with the style if the browser is faster and if the page rendering is formatted to show the entire page on the screen without that oh-so annoying left to right scroll. that's a deal breaker for me.

If the Style won't work for that, what about the Bold or the Curve 3G? Those seem to be the only other choices with Sprint.
    04-11-11 12:47 PM
    How it works for me is that the text does wrap even in a larger view. However, depending on the web page, if, say, there's an article on one side and icons or something to its right, yes, you can view the text without the left-right scroll, but you'll have to scroll over to see the icons, or another article, etc. It really depends on how the page is laid out and coded. The OS6 browser renders some pages better than others. But then, I've also noticed that with Opera. Sometimes it works great, sometimes meh. Bolt has been my best experience, but last time I tried it, it wasn't really working properly with the Style.
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    04-11-11 07:06 PM
    Thanks Ferreting, that' exactly what I was looking for! I went in the Sprint store again today, I could see what you meant about links and bullets on one side of the screen, text on the other.
    04-11-11 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD