Has anyone figured out how to change the number of rings before voice mail picks up? If I go by the manual it isn't even close to what my Style does. the entire number pad is different. If I press the "4" it tells me "7" isn't an option.
    I think Lumina may have it right. The Style is doomed as it is now.
    no preset messages, can't use the camera while closed, can't talk while the flip is closed....not sure what they were thinking on that.
    Any suggestions for a new Style user?
    12-18-10 07:39 PM
    Your carrier controls voicemail and how many rings it take to get to your voicemail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 07:40 PM
    if you have Sprint - the number of rings is set and it can not be changed.

if you have Bell Canada try this:

From your mobile phone, press *94 followed by the number of standard rings that you'd like your callers to hear before Message Centre picks up; this can be between 2 and 9. (For example *942 for 2 rings)

Press SEND or TALK
    If the change was successful, you'll hear a confirmation tone. If the change wasn't successful, you'll hear a fast busy signal; repeat steps.

Please let us know what you find out.
    12-20-10 04:55 PM
    AT&T customer service can change the number of rings. I have mine set to six.
    12-21-10 07:35 AM
    Same as Bells, I called in a few years ago and changed mine to 8 rings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 07:37 AM
    If you are on Sprint, you can call customer service and change the length. Its not set by number of rings, but by seconds.
    12-21-10 10:24 PM
    If you are on Sprint, you can call customer service and change the length. Its not set by number of rings, but by seconds.
    please don't call Sprint customer service to change the length of time your phone rings before voicemail picks up. this is something that can not be changed and your issue will not be resolved. maybe 501 is thinking of a Nextel Blackberry - in which case - yes - you can call Nextel customer service and have the tech adjust ring time.
    12-22-10 05:15 PM
    Thanks bimmer22. That works for me.
    12-24-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD