From the information that I have gathered so far, it seems that the Style is more of a high end Blackberry than I initially thought. What does everyone here think?
    I think that the Bold, at least for Sprint, is supposed to be the 'flagship" Blackberry phone, but the Style seems to have better features.
    Any thoughts?
    03-04-11 07:04 PM
    Since the Style was only released on sprint, (and the others passed) it never built the following it deserves. ****, it's discounted almost everywhere cause people don't know how great a phone it is.

Do I sound like a fanbo? Good, cause I am!
    03-04-11 08:34 PM
    I agree. It is a great phone. I see people bashing it because it's a flip phone? Please. At least pick it up and see waht it can do before you discount it. The specs are up up there with the other "high end" phones yet it doesn't get the respect it deserves! Just my opinion :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 10:06 PM
    I would say that it is a higher-end Blackberry...but still no flagship phone. Nor do I ever think it will become one. I believe RIM was trying to reach another market with the Style - one that didn't want to boast it's "smartphone"ness but yet still retain what a true smartphone should be able to do.
    03-05-11 01:40 AM
    I got the Style. Love it!
    03-05-11 02:12 AM
    I've had a number of curious inquiries while I was busily getting something done. I've had other BlackBerry users go Holy Crap! That's a BlackBerry! Uhh, yeah! I don't mind showing them, or putting on an OS 6 demo for those that have never seen it. It would definitely benefit from wider distribution, and deserves the chance to have more people share in the love.

03-05-11 03:52 AM
    I originally bought the Style to sell on Ebay. I had just upgraded my Bold to OS 6 and thought I was completely content for at least another year.

Joke was on me...

I got the Style home, used it for a day... then a week... then a month... and then sold my Bold. Outside of the world phone aspect, the Style meets or exceeds the Bold 9650 in every other hardware aspect. Heck I even like the Styles keyboard better. (but that is just personal preference) and the larger screen is easier on my eyes.

After using a Blackberry since the old 8703e first came out, about the only thing I had a problem with when switching to the Style, was learning to talk on a flip phone again. I forgot how much of the face it takes up...lol
    03-05-11 04:58 AM
    Why does the Bold cost more than the Style?
    03-05-11 11:14 PM
    I know that the Bold costs more because it is a world phone, for one reason. It is a very solid , well made phone. Costlier materials, maybe?
    03-06-11 12:26 AM
    I originally bought the Style to sell on Ebay. I had just upgraded my Bold to OS 6 and thought I was completely content for at least another year.

Joke was on me...

I got the Style home, used it for a day... then a week... then a month... and then sold my Bold. Outside of the world phone aspect, the Style meets or exceeds the Bold 9650 in every other hardware aspect. Heck I even like the Styles keyboard better. (but that is just personal preference) and the larger screen is easier on my eyes.

After using a Blackberry since the old 8703e first came out, about the only thing I had a problem with when switching to the Style, was learning to talk on a flip phone again. I forgot how much of the face it takes up...lol
    Yep. I definitely like it!
    03-06-11 12:26 AM
    Why does the Bold cost more than the Style?
    Marketing, essentially. It's a World Phone, and marketed towards 'executive' or business types. The build isn't all that much 'better', as far as materials go, it is slightly less capable on the Wi-Fi, lacking a band that Style does have. So you pay a premium for that World capability. It does come 'unlocked' out of the box on the GSM side, which usually adds some value. But realistically, it's marketing.

03-06-11 01:08 AM

Joke was on me...

Funny you mention the face it 'takes up', it took a while to get used to the bar phone for me, and then I have this flip again, and it just slides into place for me. Plus, the design of the hinge let's the housing rest neatly on my fingers for text-typing with one hand. Very secure by comparison to Curve or Tour. That real estate around the trackpad is sweet, too, giving nice separation from the keyboard and reduing the wear on my keys. Just feels good.

03-06-11 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD