Apologies in advance: I'm a super duper BB newbie (and have had my mac for only a year).

I plugged in my 9670 (via USB), synced, backed up, ejected, and it's all gone. Calendar appointments, most of my contacts (but there are plenty of new contacts - all of whom I've never heard of), all memos are gone. I also can't take pictures because there's a message that says there's not enough space on the media card, even though I took all of the pictures off.

I tried "restore." No dice.

Short of throwing my phone against the wall and buying an iphone (neither of which I want to do), I turn to you.
    05-15-11 07:48 PM
    Sorry to hear of your issue. When you started the sync process, were you prompted to either over write device data or Merge it with your computer.

There is no way currently that the BB can do a 1 way sync to the computer because of Apples sync services.
    05-15-11 07:57 PM
    I don't know if there was or wasn't a prompt. It was yesterday, and I've been fretting over this since. I guess I'm not sure what a sync is, let alone a one-way. Maybe I don't even need to know. What do people do with Macs to make room on their BBs or to keep their information safe? I guess what I wanted to do was back it up. I'm thinking it's all gone, right? Does syncing save ANY information anywhere?? If not, I'm so screwed.

Thanks.
    05-15-11 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD