today i got one bb 9670 and i can find the simcard slot. is this possible ???? a mobile without simcard slot ??? what can i do ?? can i open it all... take all screws... and do something ? :s im from portugal... if anyone want to buy it... cause i think i never will use it !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by sgpika; 03-15-11 at 07:30 PM.
    03-15-11 07:21 PM
    the style is a CDMA phone. it does not use a SIM card, so you are probably out of luck. Cdma is more popular in North America. maybe you can sell it online

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-11 07:57 PM
    No SIM card. Can't install one. Taking it apart won't help. It will only run on a CDMA network. It will only work on the CDMA network it was sold for.
    03-15-11 08:35 PM
    wow thats what i call bad luck. if anyone interested in this phone just let me know.
    03-16-11 07:30 AM
    Left side just above the charging tang?
    At least thats where mine is.
    03-16-11 11:27 PM
    Huh?!
    03-17-11 07:29 AM
    The Storm is not the Style.

The Storm in its CDMA version, is a "world phone" and thus also has GSM capabilities and a SIM card and SIM card slot.

The Style is NOT a world phone, has not GSM capabilities, and thus has no SIM slot.

CDMA-only phones do not have SIM cards.

I am being adamant about this because the OP obviously seems unaware of this, terming it "bad luck". It isn't anything about luck, it's knowing how CDMA phones work. Because of this, he/she is out some money.

CDMA phones have no SIM cards. They are, in the US, at least, also "locked" to a carrier, which means that you can't transfer them to another CDMA carrier. Even though they're both CDMA carriers, for example, I can't leave Sprint and get Verizon and keep my Style working. Dan would not be able to use his Storm on Sprint if he wanted to switch carriers.

That's just how CDMA phones are.

So please, anyone looking at getting a Style, understand that it is CDMA-only. No SIM card. It will only work with CDMA service. If you're in the US, it will only work on the carrier network who sold you the phone. (Someone outside the US would have to vouch for the rest of the world.)

The OP's best bet would be to look and see what carrier the phone is supposedly for, and try to find a buyer from that carrier.
    03-17-11 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD