Did the last update in BB world on sprint and ever since then it keeps doing this....
    ahhhhhhh!!
    I love my BB but this is making me crazy. Every two mins if I need to use it for something other than phone calls.
    Last edited by k2p2yok5; 07-06-12 at 06:49 PM.
    07-06-12 06:43 PM
    You updated an app? Most likely its that app..
    If this is the case, remove the battery, wait couple of seconds then reinsert. The red light will come on, as soon as it goes off (and before the blackberry loading screen comes on) hold the return/escape key. Hold it until the phone completely boots to the homescreen. This will boot it in safe mode. From there, hopefully you can delete the app and then reboot your phone and all should be fine.

If, the phone still never completely boots, or keeps on restarting on its own, or if the above method does not bring you to the homescreen, use this method:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ed-blackberry/
    07-06-12 06:48 PM
    Nope that's not what I'm talking about. I upgraded blackeberry world and after this it started rebooting completely anytime i was using it for anything other than calls.

could it be bbworld needs to be reinstalled?
    07-06-12 06:51 PM
    Are you talking about blackberry app world? If so, just uninstall it, remove battery, reinsert battery, then reinstall appworld from the blackberry website:

BlackBerry - Download BlackBerry App World - US

Let me know how that goes
    07-06-12 07:11 PM
    i will..off to do it now
    07-06-12 07:19 PM
    @ k2k2yok5 has this been resolved? It's happening to my phone as well
    07-16-12 06:49 AM
    what OS version?carrier are you on?
    When using my Style(s), i noticed that when i instaslled the newest Sprint OS version, the reboots stopped.
    07-24-12 12:40 PM
    Okay--hard reboot done according to directions on the site....

reinstalled os and still the phone will simply reboot...whan ever it feels like it.

Doesn't happen over and over but it happens ALL day long.
    I love my BB--

Can someone help me?
    [email protected]
    07-25-12 05:10 PM
    For no apparent reason my Style did this eventually and I had to replace it. No clue why it happened to me but if you have had it for less than a year then you might get your carrier to replace it at no cost because it sounds defective and not due to abuse. That's what I did at least.
    07-26-12 09:26 PM
    I had this same problem. It started for me just before I updated the BB App World at the beginning of July. I saw this post, uninstalled BB App World, reinstalled and still had the same problem. The fix for me was buying a new battery.

I have not had an reboots, shut downs or anything since replacing the battery. I've had this Style since December of 2010 and it's the first time it had ever done anything like that.

Just thought I'd mention it as it may be the fix for someone else as well.
    07-30-12 06:30 PM
    sorry to resurrect an old post but i had the same problem: after updating the os via desktop manager; i had the eternal reboot happen; so i reverted to a backup and held off of updating the os...i posted the issue on the support forums but there was no response....seems os6 users are out of luck
    10-10-12 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD