All right, long story short, I put my BB through the wash. *****, yes, I know.
    It gets worse.
    After letting it dry overnight, I tried to put the battery in. I've never gotten a phone wet before, so I just assumed after it dried out you were supposed to, yanno, see if it worked. The thing is, my phone was dead when I put it through the wash. So, after letting it dry for a few more hours, I tried plugging it in.

At first I was happy because my phone was resetting, but I paniced because I didn't want to mess up my phone. Now it's sitting in a bowl of rice waiting for me to figure out what to do next.

Here's the thing.

After about 5 hours in rice I got impatient and plugged it in. It loaded, got a signal, told me I had a thousand messages, and when I went to check them....

The keyboard no work.

It lights up and everything! Is it dead? Is it over? What is a guy to do? I love the Style and my carrier doesn't carry it anymore. Would a new keypad work?
    07-12-11 06:36 AM
    I suspect it may be dead. I have always heard to IMMEDIATELY pull the battery, dry it off as best you can, and put in the rice (like you now did) and leave it FOR A COUPLE DAYS (not hours). At this point, I would leave it in the rice and go on line to price replacements. Hope you recently synced and backed up. Wish I had a magical cure; I feel your pain.

HeHe.... just caught your user name. Kinda describes your BB right now. :-)
    Sorry!
    Last edited by Bill_Johnson; 07-12-11 at 07:13 AM.
    paperweight13 likes this.
    07-12-11 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD