Just upgraded from my Curve (Sprint) to the Style (upgrade?) The font in my browser is teeny tiny. No lie! Yes I went into options and set the font to 14 the highest but font is still teeny tiny LOL HEeeelllp da busdriver please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 03:35 PM
    Just upgraded from my Curve (Sprint) to the Style (upgrade?) The font in my browser is teeny tiny. No lie! Yes I went into options and set the font to 14 the highest but font is still teeny tiny LOL HEeeelllp da busdriver please

The new browser renders websites differently now. Once the website loads and the pointer changes to a magnifying glass, press I to zoom in and O to zoom out. All websites will load with the small type regardless of what your default font setting is.
    01-04-11 12:35 AM
    The new browser renders websites differently now. Once the website loads and the pointer changes to a magnifying glass, press I to zoom in and O to zoom out. All websites will load with the small type regardless of what your default font setting is.
    I believe you can alt + track pad to zoom as well. Mine gets here today, but I'm sure I read that read that some where.
    01-04-11 05:32 AM
    TYVM for this brooks! I upgraded from my Curve 8330 last month, and I've changed my settings on my Bold as well & couldn't figure out why it didn't adjust like my Curve did! Now I do! I honestly thought it may have been an OS bug so I fig'd when an official becomes avail I'd upgrade and be set! LOL. But since, I've gotten use to it (no I didn't bother to search for an answer because I just adjusted-but now I know the deal)
    Edit: sorry folks, I just realized this is the Style forum, I misread when I thought I clicked on the Bold 9650 forum , but it seems to be the same issue with the browser.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-04-11 at 01:03 PM.
    01-04-11 12:30 PM
    I believe you can alt + track pad to zoom as well. Mine gets here today, but I'm sure I read that read that some where.
    I just tried this on my Bold OS5 but it did not work. Maybe you read it works on OS6?

01-04-11 12:31 PM
    Yes it does work with OS 6, I have no idea about OS 5 since I jumped from 4.5 to 6
    01-04-11 09:21 PM
    TYVM for this brooks! I upgraded from my Curve 8330 last month, and I've changed my settings on my Bold as well & couldn't figure out why it didn't adjust like my Curve did! Now I do! I honestly thought it may have been an OS bug so I fig'd when an official becomes avail I'd upgrade and be set! LOL. But since, I've gotten use to it (no I didn't bother to search for an answer because I just adjusted-but now I know the deal)
    Edit: sorry folks, I just realized this is the Style forum, I misread when I thought I clicked on the Bold 9650 forum , but it seems to be the same issue with the browser.

01-04-11 10:15 PM
    Thanks everyone for the replies. This stinks LOL. I should go back to the curve . My eyes will be a lot happier! One thing I do know: I'm not leaving Blackberry!

01-04-11 10:18 PM
    Yes it does work with OS 6, I have no idea about OS 5 since I jumped from 4.5 to 6
    ahh ok. I went from 4.5 to 5. I don't want to load a leak onto my bb. I stick with the officials OS.
    Thanks everyone for the replies. This stinks LOL. I should go back to the curve . My eyes will be a lot happier! One thing I do know: I'm not leaving Blackberry!

I thought about going back to my Curve also, but I've adjusted to the font & I really enjoy my Bold now! I'm not leaving blackberry anytime soon either

01-05-11 09:33 AM
    Even though I like the overall features of the browser, I do miss the column view choice. There are several websites that do not allow me to zoom and a few others that make me scroll left and right to read the webpage when in column view you didnt need to do that. I still the positives outweigh the negatives.
    01-06-11 12:20 AM
    Even though I like the overall features of the browser, I do miss the column view choice. There are several websites that do not allow me to zoom and a few others that make me scroll left and right to read the webpage when in column view you didnt need to do that. I still the positives outweigh the negatives.
    that stinks you don't have a choice of column view I know looking at things in page view can drive you bonkers!
    But on my Bold now in column view, because my font adjustments aren't ajdusting, if I do have it zoom in on something, I have to scroll back & forth to read it.

01-06-11 11:51 AM
    Okay, I have learned a bit more about the new browser on OS6. Apparently it has a view adjustment feature built in so you dont have to scroll left and right to read some web pages.

When a web page loads, do not use the I or alt-trackpad to zoom in. Instead, when there is a magnifying glass cursor, press the trackpad once. This should enable the readjustment feature which should make the webpage readable in a column like view where you dont have to scroll left and right to read it.

If you zoom in closer using the I or alt-trackpad, it will then enlarge it so much you will need to scroll back and forth to read it.

Still learning all the quirks with the new stuff, but its getting better and better.
    01-10-11 12:44 AM
    I just switched from a Torch and having a hard time not being able to double tap the screen and having the text rearrange to fit the screen. I would welcome thoughts on any possible alternatives...!

Last edited by ebarne; 01-10-11 at 10:44 PM.
    01-10-11 10:41 PM
    Okay, I have learned a bit more about the new browser on OS6. Apparently it has a view adjustment feature built in so you dont have to scroll left and right to read some web pages.

When a web page loads, do not use the I or alt-trackpad to zoom in. Instead, when there is a magnifying glass cursor, press the trackpad once. This should enable the readjustment feature which should make the webpage readable in a column like view where you dont have to scroll left and right to read it.

If you zoom in closer using the I or alt-trackpad, it will then enlarge it so much you will need to scroll back and forth to read it.

Still learning all the quirks with the new stuff, but its getting better and better.
    This doesn't work on my Style. If I wait for the magnifying glass and click the trackpad I get less zoom options then I do using alt trackpad. This is most noticable on a site like craigslist. Mobile crackberry looks fine, yet mobile espn is constant zooming. On the other hand, mobile yahoo is the same size no matter what font size I select and doesn't provide any zoom options. This browser definitely can benefit from a software update. This doesn't seem to be a limitation of the hardware as opera mini 4 works and wraps text fine (has the box overview you can move and zoom) but its annoying having messed up controls as its not ready for OS6.

01-11-11 10:37 AM
    This doesn't work on my Style. If I wait for the magnifying glass and click the trackpad I get less zoom options then I do using alt trackpad. This is most noticable on a site like craigslist. Mobile crackberry looks fine, yet mobile espn is constant zooming. On the other hand, mobile yahoo is the same size no matter what font size I select and doesn't provide any zoom options. This browser definitely can benefit from a software update. This doesn't seem to be a limitation of the hardware as opera mini 4 works and wraps text fine (has the box overview you can move and zoom) but its annoying having messed up controls as its not ready for OS6.

Also have a Style and totally agree. Tried the magnifying glass and seem to get a different result every time I use it. Only thing I don't like about the Style. Miss my 8330 column view. Have resorted to enabling browser shortcuts and pressing I and O. Then I scroll where necessary. Seems to be my least frustrating option for now.

01-11-11 10:48 AM
    I will clarify, for most of the websites I visit it works. There are still some that do not adjust correctly and others that dont let me zoom at all. For those I use the Bolt browser, which formats in column view just right.
    01-11-11 11:39 PM
    Thanks every1

01-20-11 08:31 PM
    I finally got Opera Mini 5 working and its like a new phone! Webkit on Android and WebOs was great... Don't know how Rim managed to slow it down and mess it up so bad haha. Opera is SOOO much faster when rendering full websites and the font/text wrapping is awesome. You do have to be patient with the trackpad and move it slowly, but its barely a sacrifice for such a better browsing experience.

01-20-11 10:53 PM
    +1 for Bolt. It's a good alternative to the native browser on some sites.
    01-20-11 11:06 PM
    I posted a video on YouTube showing a speed test between the stock BB webkit browser and Opera Mini 5.1 if anyone is curious.

02-04-11 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD