On my 9670, the plastic housing snapped just below hinge. Today I tackled the task of replacing the lower housing. After putting the phone back together I noticed that the phone no longer senses when I close or open the phone. I'm assuming that there is a flip sensor on the phone but where is it and how does it work?
    01-19-12 10:35 PM
    You may want to check youtube for this.There are a couple good videos of a full housing repair,May i ask were you got the spare housing from? I have a crack were the hinge is and it needs replaced but i am having trouble finding parts for the 9670
    01-20-12 03:56 PM
    I watched just about every video on YouTube related to replacing the housing on a 9670 but there is not mention of the flip sensor. With the help of those videos, I was able to replace the housing and the phone does work with the exception of the darn flip sensor. I was hoping that maybe someone knows about the functionality of the flip sensor and where it might be located in the phone.

As for the housing replacement, I bought mine on eBay. Item title is "Keypad Housing for BlackBerry 9670 US Seller" and item number is 180762084393. Thanks and good luck.
    01-22-12 10:11 AM
    Yea, since my 9670 flip sensor is not working, I also confuse about the location of the flip sensor in this 9670.....is there anybody knows where the location is? Soa I can fix my 9670.....please help me.....
    08-17-13 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD