This is a random question, and probably has to do with getting used to OS 6. But when I want to text someone on my Style, I look up the person (btw, really miss my left side convenience key for the phone book...but can't replace the camera on the right side with it, drats) and click the trackpad, assuming a menu will pop up. Instead it automatically calls the person which has lead to minor annoyances. Is the only way to text them by clicking the options button over their name and then clicking, "text..." ?? thx!
    05-25-11 03:42 PM
    Select "Text Messages" (there's an icon for that) and you can text from there. Start typing the name of the person you want to text in the 'to' field (if it's someone in your contacts) or the number of the person. Then use the trackpad to scroll down to the entry field. Simple as a PBJ sandwich.
    05-25-11 04:25 PM
    sweet, thank you!
    05-25-11 04:42 PM
    You could always purchase extrakeys to solve your 1 convienence button dilema.
    05-25-11 11:30 PM
    How don you purchase extra keys?
    05-27-11 07:20 PM
    Software.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 03:04 PM
    or quicklaunch, which is perhaps a more superfluous solution if you're only looking to supplement your convenience keys, but it would give you two-click access to your text messages, or text to a certain person if youre so inclined. from the same source as extrakeys.
    05-28-11 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD